Queens College School an option to CLSG and NLCS?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jenny67

Queens College School an option to CLSG and NLCS?

Post by Jenny67 »

With several offers on the table - am I barking mad when thinking that Queens College could be an option? With the current head, previous director of studies at Westminster School and reviews like this: http://www.qcl.org.uk/cmsAdmin/uploads/ ... 11_001.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone with experience or knowledge about this smaller inner city school?
ItsNearlyOver

Re: Queens College School an option to CLSG and NLCS?

Post by ItsNearlyOver »

Yes, you would be mad. Your DD will not be challenged enough. Isn't that head retiring ? Check it out.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

I don't have an idea about Queen's college. But, NLCS and CLSG are such fabulous schools, I don't think it is rational to consider Queens as an alternative unless there are strong logistical or financial reasons.
Jenny67

Post by Jenny67 »

I didn't know the head at QCS was retiring? That would be at significance. Just had a discussion with DH and he is finding it hard to see past the league table and the schools result. On a side note, I was completely smitten by the previous head at CLSG. Then she left...

I guess it's down to making decisions as soon as possible so any rejected spaces can be offered to others.
LostInTheShuffle

Post by LostInTheShuffle »

Last year, we faced a similar situation - a different Consortium school known for its pastoral care and with a great headmistress offered DD a place with a 50% scholarship. We seriously considered the offer until, on offeree day, DD attended a Y7 maths class and we realised that DD would not have fitted in well from an academic perspective.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This review is over 4 years old. This is a great option for dds that have not managed to get anything better.

But you would be mad to turn down the proven track record of CLSG and NLCS. You need to be with the most academic dds you can find and they will be at CLSG and NLCS. DG