Highgate or South Hampstead?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Paulatim

Highgate or South Hampstead?

Post by Paulatim »

Dear all, I came to this forum After a long time to ask for some advice!
I have a DDin year 9 at Habs girls, very happy there.
My DD2 just sat 11+ and got offers at Habs, Highgate and SHHS.
She does not want to do the long commuting to go to Habs like her sister so we are debating between SHHs and Highgate. We live 5 minutes walking from SHHS, 15-20 minutes by car to Highgate.
We really like both schools the same for different reasons so any advice would be much appreciated! (Especially if you know something about the pastoral care at these schools if you have children there).
Many thanks!
shootmenow

Re: Highgate or South Hampstead?

Post by shootmenow »

Doesn't your name rule Highgate out?
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

I have a DS at Highgate and cannot speak highly enough about the school, it is fantastic. The school work very hard to settle children in, with a settling in day in the summer term and a trip before term starts and parents meet the form tutor and other parents in the tutor group and year before term starts. They are super at communication, we have very frequent updates on progress and parents' evenings and I think the teaching is particularly inspiring. I don't think you will be disappointed with pastoral care, read the head's blogs on the website - the head is exceptional and his influence is very important in the school. Pm me if you have any other questions.
azbv

Post by azbv »

Fairy, I sent you a PM about Highgate with a few questions, I hope you don't mind. I really like Highgate just want to make sure that my dd will be happy there. Thanks!!
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

I have answered your pm, good luck with your choice. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now