School Allocations - Here We Go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ManYou

School Allocations - Here We Go

Post by ManYou »

Hey Guys and Gals,

How we doing?

I'm getting a bit nervous now as the big day approaches. Anyone know if the results will be published online just past midnight on the 1st March?

Good Luck.
Mumworried

Re: School Allocations - Here We Go

Post by Mumworried »

Our councils website states that the outcome of your online application will be sent by email during the evening of 1 March 2016.

I come under Barnet and I have checked Harrow and Hillingdon council sites too and they all say it will be in the evening of the 1st of March.

For the sake of the sanity of the parents, I hope we know in the morning (hopefully very early).

Good Luck
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

We are in Stockport and I stand to be corrected, but I'm sure some people were able to get their allocations just after midnight.
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

2 years ago when DD1 was allocated her high school, the allocation went live at midnight online for Trafford, if you applied this way. I'm hoping its the same this year as am very anxious.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

I recall you're waiting on an out of catchment place aren't you ManYou? Do you have a number of options?
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

You're right Mandy.

We are OOC for Alty boys, DS passed exam, but not by many.

I have a plan B and plan C - I hope I don't need a plan D !
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Fingers crossed :)
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

We're in the same boat ManYou - OOC and planning the back up plans!

LM2
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Aww Loonies and ManYou, fingers crossed! I was a nervous wreck at this stage back in 2009 as we were out of area for the two first choices. We were more or less certain of choice 2 and reasonably for choice 1, but I wasn't happy until I had the offer in hand. Sure you will be the same! Wishing you the very best of luck!

One minute you are getting the offer, next signing them up for 6th form, that's how fast it has gone. Currently considering Uni locations, it's terrifying :D

Fingers crossed guys xx
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Thanks Tiddlymum. With your great experience :wink: - would you know if you put your child's name on a waiting list, should you still accept the local authority offer? We're thinking of going indi route if it comes to it (and retiring at 90+) but I just wondered if you say no to the first allocation of state funded place, do you then lose the LA funding or does it not matter?

LM2
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now