inform local council before National Allocation Day?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sunandcloud

inform local council before National Allocation Day?

Post by sunandcloud »

Dear all,

This morning DD asked me to check if there is need to contact local council to inform that we accepted indie school offer, so a place can be released for other one on waiting list. I cannot find that info from Googling. Any one to give a clear answer?
(She got a firm offer(a music place) from v good state school from other London borough.)

Thank you in advance.

SC
mad?

Re: inform local council before National Allocation Day?

Post by mad? »

At this stage you have to wait for them to offer a place somewhere, then reject it. The LA will want to know where you are sending DC and from memory there is a form to fill in. It is worth doing this in writing and by 'phone, to the LA and the school, in the interests of completeness. In our case this is what we did, although the rejected school still called us on day one of Y7 to ask where DD was :roll: so some poor child whose place should have been assured in March was being 'offered the chance' to move school in September. Sigh
mad?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Authorities may vary, but I would have thought you could say that you now wish to withdraw your CAF. That would be no different to you withdrawing from the allocation process if you were, for example, moving abroad.

I suggest that you get on to them as soon as possible because buttons will be being pressed on Friday/Monday.
sunandcloud

Post by sunandcloud »

Thank you for advice.
I sent a withdrawal email to LA yesterday. Let's wait and see.

Have a good weekend everyone!

SC
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now