Questions about waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thirdgeneration

Questions about waiting list

Post by thirdgeneration »

I have a quick question.

If your DC has a score that puts them on the waiting list for their higher preference school but on offer day you are offered a place at your next preference school, what do you do?

Do you Accept the place that you have been offered so you at least have a place 'in the bag' by the acceptance deadline? Because obviously you don't want to end up with a much lower preference school.

Do you have to confirm to the LA that you want to go on the waiting list for the higher preference school if your DC's score sits within the range of the waiting list scores? Or do you automatically get put on the waiting list?

Just wondering what you need to do in case we find ourselves in that position tomorrow?

Fingers crossed for everyone tomorrow that they get the places they are hoping for! Good luck all!
mad?

Re: Questions about waiting list

Post by mad? »

thirdgeneration wrote:I have a quick question.

If your DC has a score that puts them on the waiting list for their higher preference school but on offer day you are offered a place at your next preference school, what do you do?
Do you Accept the place that you have been offered so you at least have a place 'in the bag' by the acceptance deadline? Because obviously you don't want to end up with a much lower preference school.
Yes
thirdgeneration wrote:Do you have to confirm to the LA that you want to go on the waiting list for the higher preference school if your DC's score sits within the range of the waiting list scores? Or do you automatically get put on the waiting list?
It depends on the school/LA and should be clear from the email you receive. However, personally, rather than rely on process I would be ringing/emailing the LA to confirm waiting list status on the preferred school
mad?
thirdgeneration

Post by thirdgeneration »

Thanks very much Mad? for your quick responses. :)
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

From A Warks perspective - this is a yes (I queried this when putting school choices down). If you get an offer from your second choice - accept it, it is 'in the bag'. If you get an offer later from your first choice then you can accept that at the time and the original acceptance becomes null and void.

Offers to people on waiting lists can happen up to first day of Sept term and even into the term (Warks told me this) and I know someone who in 2014 had their 'settling in' day at their accepted school, then got an offer at the end fo June for the GS they wanted so they accepted the GS offer. I also know someone who got an offer two weeks before school started in Sept from the GS (which they accepted and took all the purchased uniform for the second choice school back!!!).

Good look to all on waiting lists tomorrow! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now