Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
girlsmum

Waiting list

Post by girlsmum »

Hi,
If we don't get offered a place at our preferred school, does anyone know how soon we can find out where we are on the waiting list for it? Is it tomorrow?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all those waiting for results!
SlighlyStressedMum

Re: Waiting list

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

Don't quote me but I think you can ring the council after a week and find out your waiting list place?
PurpleDuck

Re: Waiting list

Post by PurpleDuck »

I think it may take up to a couple of weeks before there is some clarity re. waiting lists as parents are given two weeks to reject a place they don 't want. See below some info from Essex CC schools admissions policy for 2016/17 https://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Scho ... 016-17.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6.6. Allocation of Places
6.6.1. The LA will send offers to all parents on1 March 2016 offering a place at the
allocated school and asking for parents to confirm rejection of a place within two
weeks only if they do not wish to accept the place offered
. Non confirmation of a
rejection will be deemed to be an acceptance of the offer made. For those that
have had an application refused, the LA will inform them of their right of appeal to
an independent panel. Parents who submitted their applications online will also
be able to access the outcome of their applications via the internet from 1 March
2016 and should also receive an email informing them of the outcome of their
application.
6.6.2. If an offer of a place is declined the LA will reallocate the place from the waiting
list, in accordance with the parental rankings and the school’s admission policy.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)