T&W Letters/Emails

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tvgirl

T&W Letters/Emails

Post by tvgirl »

Well, well. Silly me thought that everyone who applied to T&W LA got a letter and those who applied online got an email aswell, but I think now I am wrong and as I applied online I will only get an email. That means waiting right until Tuesday evening before finding oout. How can that be right when results day is 1 March???

Do T&W post their letters 2nd class or something?

Not sure how much more of this I can take...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
pennwald

Re: T&W Letters/Emails

Post by pennwald »

If you applied online, you should get a letter and an email.
Last year T&W really messed up, but Royal Mail saved the day! Letters were posted 2nd class on Friday (27 Feb) but many were delivered in Telford on Saturday 28 Feb. Our email didn't come through until early afternoon on Monday 2 March.
As well as the email, you've also got the option of logging into the T&W system. IIRC this was updated before we received the email, but I can't remember what time of day.

Hope you get the news you're hoping for tomorrow.
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Thanks Pennwald. Apparently the website was saying about a week ago that offers would be posted today but now it just says 'check back when allocations have been made...!!!

Another sleepless night ahead, me thinks!!!
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

Any chance do you suppose that this will change at midnight and offers will be there to view?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Inspector General wrote:Any chance do you suppose that this will change at midnight and offers will be there to view?
will go live from midnight - although the emails will most likely be sent in stages
Inspector General

Bob1892 wrote:
Inspector General wrote:Any chance do you suppose that this will change at midnight and offers will be there to view?
will go live from midnight - although the emails will most likely be sent in stages
Two hours to go then Bob - hope the system doesn't crash ... !!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Inspector General wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:
Two hours to go then Bob - hope the system doesn't crash ... !!
solihull crashed for a hour or so apparently :lol:
Inspector General

Maybe that's the price of sending the results out at a reasonable hour!! Hopefully the midnight callers will be few and correspondingly less pressure on the system ... :wink:
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Oh I do hope so. The last few hours have dragged like Christmas Eve for a 7 year old!!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

let's not all log on at 00.00am!