Allocation profile for Sept 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Allocation profile for Sept 2016

Post by Guest55 »

Link to today's school allocations:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/3883494 ... rofile.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will be added to the sticky in due course.
Guest55

Re: Allocation profile for Sept 2016

Post by Guest55 »

I have now read it more closely - all GS places are full today - I think it is a few years since that happened.
bgh

Post by bgh »

Guest55 wrote:I have now read it more closely - all GS places are full today - I think it is a few years since that happened.
That doesn't look too good for anyone planning on going to appeal....
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

bgh wrote:
Guest55 wrote:I have now read it more closely - all GS places are full today - I think it is a few years since that happened.
That doesn't look too good for anyone planning on going to appeal....
Probably not. It is good news though in regards to providing places for local children and taking pressure of the Uppers.

There was a feeling that the test was 'fairer' this year in some respects. Maybe it was? I wonder what the review success rate was like? It will make it tougher to opt out of that process next year if getting in through Appeal gets harder.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

There seems to be a big drop in distances compared with last year.
bgh

Post by bgh »

Tolstoy wrote:Probably not. It is good news though in regards to providing places for local children and taking pressure of the Uppers.
Yes, absolutely.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/educa ... -1-7242701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“We actually accommodated over 790 non-Buckinghamshire children whilst 563 Buckinghamshire children successfully applied for schools outside Buckinghamshire. As decisions from parents are received, any places that are refused will be re-offered to children on the waiting lists in later allocation rounds. Applications from out of county hopefuls did increase by about 570, such is the attraction of a Buckinghamshire education. We had to refuse 1361 out-area applications in the first round but would hope over time that more can be offered."
robben

Post by robben »

Guest55 wrote:http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/educa ... -1-7242701

“We actually accommodated over 790 non-Buckinghamshire children whilst 563 Buckinghamshire children successfully applied for schools outside Buckinghamshire. As decisions from parents are received, any places that are refused will be re-offered to children on the waiting lists in later allocation rounds. Applications from out of county hopefuls did increase by about 570, such is the attraction of a Buckinghamshire education. We had to refuse 1361 out-area applications in the first round but would hope over time that more can be offered."
Surprised by the stats.....
1. 790 non-bucks allocation out of "570 out of county hopefuls". 1361 out-area applications were rejected!

2. With only 3% increase in applicants compared to last year - there is drastic increase in pass rate or seats are reduced given out of area rejections.
Last year GS seats could not be filled after going 21 miles for RGS! this time allocation extended only 8.7miles and all seats are full by 1st round?

Keen to understand this in detail...appreciate if anyone can throw some light on this puzzle?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

I think it's partially down to area (SallyAnne will be able to explain properly) - in Wycombe District pass rate was significantly lower then usual hence SWBGS going an unprecedented 11 miles and WHS, RGS and JHGS also going long distances. This year the pass rate in this area back to usual rates hence distance dropped with SWBGS going down to 3 miles. It has been this low before (I think it was similar for the current year 12) but is usually a bit higher. It is however unrealistic to expect to get into SWBGS from anything other then the immediate area (Reading is unheard of).

In addition I think (based on the people I know in ds's year) that there are a v high number of catchment siblings starting in Sept - hence allocations not going to all of catchment or any ooc siblings.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Guest55 wrote:http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/educa ... -1-7242701

I wonder how many of the 790 OOC were Bucks 11+ passes entering Bucks grammar schools and how many of the 563 Bucks kids were 11+ passes opting out of Bucks grammars, or rather what the full breakdown even was. We can of course assume, but a very clear picture could be portrayed with official stats. Hopefully both figures will be lower again next year.