Allocation Day 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salsa

Allocation Day 2016

Post by salsa »

Good luck to everyone today. Please remember that not all will get their desired school today. Please don't despair and remember that you can put your child on the waiting list and that there is a lot of movement between now and September.
Depending on where you live, you will need to do this in several ways. If out of area, please contact your local authority and I would email Bexley Admissions making sure they put you on the waiting list. They will be able to tell you what distance they consider your house to be to the desired school. Moreover, they can tell you the maximum allocated distance for now.
If you get any information, it would be very helpful for those parents still waiting or to give a rough idea to future parents.

Also, for good measure, I would email the schools and establish email correspondence.

Finally, if you did get a place and live far away, or know of anyone who does, please let us know here. Thank you.
Happy hamster

Re: Allocation Day 2016

Post by Happy hamster »

Thanks for this, sounds like good advice (which I'm hoping not to need!!)
salsa

Post by salsa »

Let's hope not, Happy Hamster. I've been there when the awful wait didn't end at Allocation Day. We are okay this year as my youngest will be sitting in September, but I think I still haven't recovered from 2013!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Logged into eAdmissions and there was the link! DD got first choice of Newstead so we are all very pleased. We are not near the historic cut off so it won't be helpful to post the score. Good luck everyone else.
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Excellent! Congratulations! Ours got dartford grammar, his 2nd choice. Husband and I really pleased but our son is a bit upset as was hoping for olaves. Still, I think we've been exceedingly lucky and am v v grateful!!
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Ps to anyone who is patiently waiting for an email from the council, don't bother, just log in. I don't think Bromley got around to sending them.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Thanks Happy Hamster and well done to your DS. When the entire country is in catchment for a school it makes it monumental to get into St Olaves so hope he is rightly proud of his place at Dartford.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Just got the email. DS got his first preference Saint Olaves. Relieved that the wait is over.
vinitasurya

Post by vinitasurya »

Received email. DS got first choice St Olaves. End of the torture
salsa

Post by salsa »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Logged into eAdmissions and there was the link! DD got first choice of Newstead so we are all very pleased. We are not near the historic cut off so it won't be helpful to post the score. Good luck everyone else.
Congratulations! I'm glad you got your first choice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now