Appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dadoflad

Appeals

Post by dadoflad »

Hi All I just need some help in understanding the best course of action re appeals.

My lad has received the dreaded news today of an unsuccessful application, so obviously I'm looking at our options. A strange note from the Local authority states the following;

If you have been allocated a school of Rank 10, this indicates that XXXXXXXXX Council has been unable to meet any preferences expressed and has had to offer a place at the nearest school with places available.

does anyone know what the Rank 10 means?

cheers
mitasol

Re: Appeals

Post by mitasol »

Hi dadoflad,

It looks like a rank 10 school is one that you didn't put of your application form. If the LA couldn't offer a school on your application then they would offer you the nearest school with places available.

Have you been offered a school you didn't apply to?
dadoflad

Post by dadoflad »

No we applied for one faith grammar out of area then our two local comps mainly because we were a little behind the curve on the whole 11+ situation.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Perhaps it is a code they use when liaising with other LA. If you think it could be pertinent you could query it with the local authority.
dadoflad

Post by dadoflad »

possibly I was just looking at his marks pass mark 320 he got 316 not sure if we appeal will we gat anywhere he's Full RC but we are in the next borough.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Lots of appeals help on here. Its pretty hard to win a St Ambrose appeal and they are not terribly accomodating I am afraid. If you decide to do so, you should call the school to take forward. Being so close to the pass mark, I think they will have conducted a preliminary review.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now