Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
allyfielduk

Waiting lists

Post by allyfielduk »

Evening everyone.
Hope that today has been a good one for you all. It looks like we just missed out on 216 for AGS, but hoping for maybe a place off the waiting list.

A couple of questions for those of you in the know. When is the main time for places on the waiting list to be offered & where do the offers come from? Will it be the lea or directly from the school. And will it be by post, email or phone call?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
The waiting game continues :?
kenyancowgirl

Re: Waiting lists

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Offers from w/l start coming through now but the main bulk will come straight after the "respond by" deadline from the LEA (which I think is about 10-15 days). The offer from the w/l will come from the LEA as they control the list up until Christmas of this year (at which point the school take over and you have to formally let them know you want to stay on it).

If you contact the LEA, you will be able to get an idea of where you currently sit on the w/l but remember that your position may move DOWN as well as up, as now the second round offers/late applicants feed into the w/l and higher scoring occ candidates can now sit above you.
allyfielduk

Post by allyfielduk »

Thanks for your response Ken/cowgirl.
I'll give the lea a call in a few days time once the dust starts to settle a bit. I'll be glad to have a rest from all of this school offers business, it's exhausting! Lol x
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Looks like we can't find out our waiting list places until 14th March (see https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Does anyone know what ranking the 231 who got into KES off the waiting list was, and how many did they share this with? My DS is on 230 and 115 (with 9 others).

I'm presuming, the waiting list places don't start varying both ways until they are opened up to OOCs after the 16th (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :wink: ), so this could give us borderliners where we might be for now.

Good luck to allyfielduk with your place (I'd give you ours (if I could) if we make it to KES!).
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

Bloomers151 wrote:Looks like we can't find out our waiting list places until 14th March (see https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Does anyone know what ranking the 231 who got into KES off the waiting list was, and how many did they share this with? My DS is on 230 and 115 (with 9 others).

I'm presuming, the waiting list places don't start varying both ways until they are opened up to OOCs after the 16th (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :wink: ), so this could give us borderliners where we might be for now.

Good luck to allyfielduk with your place (I'd give you ours (if I could) if we make it to KES!).

232 was 97th rank in the southern boys I think from a post of all 11plus scores people were sharing back in October if that helps - but I don't know what 231 was. Bloomers fingers crossed for you as you have DS1 at KES Year 8 too don't you?
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

On my spreadsheet I have 231 as a ranking of 106, so must be 9 other children with the same ranking if 230 is ranked 115. Hope this helps and fingers crossed for you.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Bect1969 wrote:
Bloomers151 wrote:Looks like we can't find out our waiting list places until 14th March (see https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

232 was 97th rank in the southern boys I think from a post of all 11plus scores people were sharing back in October if that helps - but I don't know what 231 was. Bloomers fingers crossed for you as you have DS1 at KES Year 8 too don't you?
Thanks Bect, I'll take anything to work out that waiting list place :) DS1 is in Year 9, so I can get all stressed out about the early RE GCSE next year to make up for the lack of 11+ in my life :lol:
sparkles18 wrote:On my spreadsheet I have 231 as a ranking of 106, so must be 9 other children with the same ranking if 230 is ranked 115. Hope this helps and fingers crossed for you.
Thanks sparkles (wow, spreadsheet, very impressed!) - so that's 2 from there, so 8 left plus the 10 on 115. Eek, that's quite a few to count on, still you never know.

Congrats to both of you and Bect and hope to see you there with DS2, but if we don't it was just not meant to be, he'll still get a brilliant education at AGS.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

Bloomers151 wrote:
Bect1969 wrote:

Thanks Bect, I'll take anything to work out that waiting list place :) DS1 is in Year 9, so I can get all stressed out about the early RE GCSE next year to make up for the lack of 11+ in my life :lol:
sparkles18 wrote:On my spreadsheet I have 231 as a ranking of 106, so must be 9 other children with the same ranking if 230 is ranked 115. Hope this helps and fingers crossed for you.
Thanks sparkles (wow, spreadsheet, very impressed!) - so that's 2 from there, so 8 left plus the 10 on 115. Eek, that's quite a few to count on, still you never know.

Congrats to both of you and Bect and hope to see you there with DS2, but if we don't it was just not meant to be, he'll still get a brilliant education at AGS.
How close are you to KES as the crow flies?
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Bect1969 wrote: How close are you to KES as the crow flies?
Approx 8.5 miles, so halfway along the radius.
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

Bloomers151 wrote:
Bect1969 wrote:

:lol: I think it's probably a bit sad having a spreadsheet but it helped me keep track of all the scores in October and it can be useful sometimes!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now