Upminster to SHSG Transportation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Temitope

Upminster to SHSG Transportation

Post by Temitope »

I'm interested in sorting out transportation for my daughter, any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks
Baminike

Re: Upminster to SHSG Transportation

Post by Baminike »

I am thinking c2c straight to Southend East from Upminster. Although this appears expensive from previous posts. We have no other choice as we live in Upminster.
Moatmum

Post by Moatmum »

Yes Southend East is the closest train stop to SHSG on the C2C line. It is a short walk 10 mins or so from the station to the school one straight road. Lots of girls take this route as the train serves Chafford Hundred, Basildon, Leigh Westcliff areas too.
Temitope

Post by Temitope »

Baminike wrote:I am thinking c2c straight to Southend East from Upminster. Although this appears expensive from previous posts. We have no other choice as we live in Upminster.
Probably a last resort if I can't find a cheaper alternative.
tian

Post by tian »

Temitope wrote:
Baminike wrote:I am thinking c2c straight to Southend East from Upminster. Although this appears expensive from previous posts. We have no other choice as we live in Upminster.
Probably a last resort if I can't find a cheaper alternative.
Hi Baminike,
I am on the same boat, my son has to do the same route. if you check the topic above your one 'discounted travel c2c etc' you will see that a lady put the fares for the c2c from Upminster to Southend.
I found out that there is very little difference between train and coach. At the beginning I was thinking strongly about coach but the point is that coach pick up kids from school at around 3.45 and they wouldn't have time to do any after school clubs, sports etc. while the train gives you this flexibility that they can make their own way when they want. My son loves doing sports and told me he wants to go by train so at least he can do his after school clubs. Of course that everyone has got its own interests. But considering that the little difference I will opt for the train unless there is a coach who picks up later, which is unlikely to happen.
Baminike

Post by Baminike »

Thanks tian.
I"ve read posts from the same topic and it is all getting clearer. It is definitely c2c for us. Thank you all so much for all these invaluable information that we get on the forum