WHS 13+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
purplerabbit

WHS 13+

Post by purplerabbit »

Having read the rather thin admissions information provided by the school I wondered in anyone on here had experience of the 13+ at WHS. It sounds like CEM but is "computer based" - does that mean completed on screen/on-line?

I'd love to hear from anyone who went through the process last year, has information on the likely number of places for admission into year 9 in 2016 or anyone else having a go for gaining a place then.
Sally-Anne

Re: WHS 13+

Post by Sally-Anne »

The test is similar (or might actually be) CEM, and it is done on screen. As you will probably have gathered, it is administered by BCC on behalf of the school.

As of January this year, all year groups from Y7 - Y11 were oversubscribed, with the current Y7 (which will be Y9 in September 2016) standing at 182 vs. a PAN of 180.

In one sense that is all bad news, because it means there are very unlikely to be any vacancies, but on the other hand, it is good news, because it means there is a precedent for the school coping with quite significant numbers over PAN. In January, Y9 (now Y10) stood at 192!

That's as far as my crystal ball can see, I'm afraid.
purplerabbit

Post by purplerabbit »

Thank you. It looks like the PAN for entry in Yr 7 in 2016 is 192. Sounds like an increase this year?

The current year 8 (not year 7) will make up the 2016 year 9 cohort. Do you know the numbers for the current year 8 group. In the past there have been additional places made available in year 9 do you know if this will happen in September of next year?

Many thanks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hmmm ... I've obviously been asleep! The PAN for is 192, up from 180 a year ago. From the 2016 Admissions Policy:
Admission Numbers
The Planned Admission Number (PAN) for students in Year 7 is 192. Additional places may be made available at the beginning of Key Stage 4 (Year 9).
I can't find any firm information about how many places might be made available.

That does make things look more promising for you.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Don't WHS take an extra intake into year 9 (like SWBGS) or have I dreamt that?

SWBGS take up to an extra 25 into year 9.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

kittymum wrote:Don't WHS take an extra intake into year 9 (like SWBGS) or have I dreamt that?
As per my post, above, kitttymum.
purplerabbit

Post by purplerabbit »

Does any one know for WHS
1. The pan for year 9 2016
2. The number of extra places that were offered. ( website says more spaces will be allocated)
3. The number passing the 13 plus this year for WHS

Dd passed but told no places available.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now