Wallington Girls Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Realkotti

Wallington Girls Appeals

Post by Realkotti »

Hi,
We are planning for an appeal against the school's decision, for Sep2016 entry.

Would like to know other parents experience reading this, most importantly who won this appeal in the past,
And also about waiting list success stories,

Many thanks
yoyo123

Re: Wallington Girls Appeals

Post by yoyo123 »

Have you looked at the Appeals section on the forum?
There is a very good Q&A page which may answer some of your questions.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Also, this:
Only a few appeals are upheld; on average only one in ten secondary school appeals are successful. Those that are upheld tend to have significant supporting professional evidence showing why only that particular school is suitable for the child. If you do have supporting evidence, please provide this with the original application as it may help avoid the need for an appeal hearing.
https://www.sutton.gov.uk/download/down ... pdf#page17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replies,

This is my story so far, my daughter is in the waiting list for Wallington Girls, which was our first choice, and been offered place for Carshalton Girls High. We put down Greenshaw as our third choice and sure we are not in their list any more, which i believe a mistake from our part. Daughter scored 467 for entrance exam for Wally Girls, pass mark this year is 451. We live in Wallington about 1.5 mile from this school.

If you could help me answering the following questions pls, would be really helpful,

1.What are the chances of getting a place place at WHSG?
2.Who ever was in similar situation before, what was the marks and waiting list position? before they were offered a place.
3.Can I appeal?
4.If I appeal, would they remark my daughter's paper?
5.How the school will see my appeal? is it good or bad in their view?
6.The school now says the waiting list will only be available after Easter break, on 11th April, this would only give me 4 days before the 15th April deadline. How can I get my waiting list position early?
7.How can I add my child on Greenshaw waiting list?
8.Points for a good appeal?

ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Realkotti wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replies,

This is my story so far, my daughter is in the waiting list for Wallington Girls, which was our first choice, and been offered place for Carshalton Girls High. We put down Greenshaw as our third choice and sure we are not in their list any more, which i believe a mistake from our part. Daughter scored 467 for entrance exam for Wally Girls, pass mark this year is 451. We live in Wallington about 1.5 mile from this school.

If you could help me answering the following questions pls, would be really helpful,

1.What are the chances of getting a place place at WHSG?
2.Who ever was in similar situation before, what was the marks and waiting list position? before they were offered a place.
3.Can I appeal?
4.If I appeal, would they remark my daughter's paper?
5.How the school will see my appeal? is it good or bad in their view?
6.The school now says the waiting list will only be available after Easter break, on 11th April, this would only give me 4 days before the 15th April deadline. How can I get my waiting list position early?
7.How can I add my child on Greenshaw waiting list?
8.Points for a good appeal?

I can only offer advice on your Point 7 and this is, to consult the Secondary School Admissions booklet / website for your LEA. As you were offered a higher-ranked school, your application to Greenshaw will have 'evaporated', but you may be able either to change the order of your preferences and therefore 'reactivate' it, or to make a new (late) application.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Thanks ToadMum,
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

You don't need to know your waiting list position in order to appeal. Just appeal now. Whether you are number 3 on the list or number 43, putting in an appeal won't change that and will neither improve or hinder your chances of appeal success. You may get a waiting list offer from Wallington long before your appeal is even heard but that wouldn't matter. It would save the bother of going to appeal!
The key thing is that waiting lists have nothing to do with appeals and appeals have nothing to do with waiting lists.

Yes you can appeal. Anyone who applied and didn't get a place can. The school won't see your appeal as good or bad. They happen every year. If you win your daughter will become a Wallington pupil the same as any other. The school is obliged to explain at appeal why they cannot take unlimited numbers of applicants but that's nothing personal. They simply don't have room for every person who passes and applies - but they might have room for one more if you (or any other parent) makes a good case.

If you want to be added to the Greenshaw list, just ask the council who may tell you to ask the school.

To look for ideas on making your case, the appeals section explains things really well.
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Thanks loopyLou,

Has any one heard similar situation and stories regarding Wally's Girls this year, as we have not heard any child apart from ours who passed and left out on placement,

Which is really strange. We know a lot of local school children from 3 or 4 different schools, all got their first preference as Wallington Girls.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now