Parmiters Diagnostic tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jal

Parmiters Diagnostic tests

Post by Jal »

Please can anyone throw some light on how rigorous these Diagnostic tests are ?

Grateful if anyone can tell me what the tests are in content ?
PurpleDuck

Re: Parmiters Diagnostic tests

Post by PurpleDuck »

No idea what these are - tried googling and found only Parmiter's school. Are you referring to entrance exam tests for Parmiters school? Or are you, indeed, talking about some sort of diagnostic tool?

If it's the former, then sample tests can be downloaded from Parmiter's school's website. If it's the latter, I remain puzzled. :?:
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I would think that they are the CATs (cognitive ability tests) which a lot of secondary schools use to establish the baseline of their intake. The comprehensive school DD started off at tests the children sometime during the summer term, although for some reason not her year. I think the areas of the tests are verbal / non-verbal / quantitative, but I'm sure someone who has experience of them will be able to advise you. One thing they are definitely not to be is tutored for...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KS10

Post by KS10 »

At Parmiter's, these take place in April while the pupil is still in Year 6, unless there's been a recent change. Yes, they are the CATs and are nothing to worry about.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Thanks, ToadMum and KS10 :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I have had four children do these at two different SW consortium schools. They all described a selection from the following:
Maths (general)
Arithmetic
Verbal reasoning
Spelling
Reading comprehension
Shar

Post by Shar »

My son did these at Parmiters last year. They are CAT tests and just to allow the school to mix up their form groups with different abilities as Parmiters does not set in year 7/8
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now