Age standardisation

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Shwetakd

Age standardisation

Post by Shwetakd »

My DD's birthday is in end august. She is one of the youngest in her class. We are looking to apply to the consortium schools in north London. Would like to know if independent schools weight the raw scores by age, that will help offset the age disadvantage that august born kids have?
Kingfisher

Re: Age standardisation

Post by Kingfisher »

They don't.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

They don't apply standardisation but they do consider a whole range of factors including age. I asked this question at a couple of open days and was reassured. You need to ask at the school's you are interested in.
enigma

Post by enigma »

fairyelephant wrote:They don't apply standardisation but they do consider a whole range of factors including age. I asked this question at a couple of open days and was reassured. You need to ask at the school's you are interested in.
I agree that's why they don't show scores nor feedback when they offer a place. They have their own way of doing it and surely age does matter.
Image "A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human."
- Alan Turing
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

But the reality is that these schools live and die by their league tables rankings so your academic result will be more important than all other factors put together. I would recommend that you start to prepare now so that you are in a position to choose your school. At this time of year sadly there are many forum members who would love to be in that position but are not. DG