Travelling from Hounslow/Twickenham to Nonsuch

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pinklily10

Travelling from Hounslow/Twickenham to Nonsuch

Post by Pinklily10 »

What is the best way to travel from Hounslow/Twickenham to Nonsuch? How long will it take? Thanks
mad?

Re: Travelling from Hounslow/Twickenham to Nonsuch

Post by mad? »

Try this

https://tfl.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would imagine it takes a long time.
mad?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mad? wrote:Try this

https://tfl.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would imagine it takes a long time.
Train Twickenham to Cheam, changing at Clapham Junction? About an hour and a quarter, apparently.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

281 to Teddington, then X26 to Cheam Broadway, short walk to Nonsuch HSG. Roughly the same time as train option and free. X26 is not frequent, but is express service. Check the time table.

Best option is mum's taxi.
Mum in hounslow

Post by Mum in hounslow »

I m another mum from Hounslow / whitton
Bit in dilemma over how to go to non such as living here for the past 10 years now.
Either we can do a car pool or move to that area.

Please suggest which areas are best for another year 1 child, town centres , housing , Indian friends ??
mad?

Post by mad? »

tiffinboys wrote:Best option is mum's taxi.
Really? 5 hours driving a day for Mum (or Dad) and yet another car on London's road when for any sensible journey there is a perfectly adequate public transport option :wink:
mad?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

You have a point. Hope the parents are happy with the public transport. Most people who drive children to schools do it from child safety point till they become a bit more confident.

And it may also be an opportunity for us to realise what sort of journey we are demanding from our 11 years olds. On other threads, parents are looking for coaches from Hounslow/Slough to HBS and QE Barnet.
Pinklily10

Post by Pinklily10 »

Thank you very much for your suggestions Tiffinboys, Toadmum and mad? My DD performed all the 11 plus exams exceptionally well (including stage 1) and there was not even an iota of doubt that she would not get TGS so we put Non- such as our second choice. I regret for it now. Too late... I know as Tiffinboys said it is not an easy journey for a 11 year old girl. We are not in a position to move near the school due to our present circumstances. :( Don't know what to do..
mad?

Post by mad? »

Honeybunny16 wrote:Thank you very much for your suggestions Tiffinboys, Toadmum and mad? My DD performed all the 11 plus exams exceptionally well (including stage 1) and there was not even an iota of doubt that she would not get TGS so we put Non- such as our second choice. I regret for it now. Too late... I know as Tiffinboys said it is not an easy journey for a 11 year old girl. We are not in a position to move near the school due to our present circumstances. :( Don't know what to do..
I guess there is a lesson for future posters in that. What are you local options? My suggestion would be not to bother with Nonsuch and go on to the wait lists of your local schools. Also, it would be helpful if you stayed on the forum for next year so that you can assure people that there is no such thing as 'no iota of doubt' and that there is no point putting a school on a CAF if the journey has not been tried and tested as acceptable before applying. In my experience posters do not believe this until reality hits but the more people who are here to share their experiences and advise the better that will be . Good luck.
mad?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

HoneyBunny, it is possible to request to be added to a waiting list in your lower preference school, too - assuming you have one and you would be happy with it.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now