BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2016

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have now updated my spreadsheet to include this year's first round allocations, and it can be viewed here:
Allocation Profiles 2006 - 2016.xlsx
(26.44 KiB) Downloaded 2211 times
Edit: As of 17th October 2016, it now shows the third round allocations.
Wineoclock

Re: BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2016

Post by Wineoclock »

Hi Sally
As always a wonderful effort in compiling these results .. Thank you so much . checking allocations for BHS . County council website states they have gone out 8.9 miles , where as the table mentions as 17. 9. I would appreciate if you can help me understand if I am missing something
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

A typo - I duplicated the distance for AHS on the line above. I'll correct it shortly, and thanks for pointing it out. If anyone else spots a mistake, please do let me know.
MK_Dad

Post by MK_Dad »

Quick question on the allocation profile actually. My son has got admitted in AGS and we live in Milton Keynes.

I checked the catchment checker in bucks county website and interestingly my postcode seems to fall 'outside' of the catchment area !!

Does anyone know how or which website / what tool is used by the county to calculate catchment? I am currently renting and it would be helpful if at all I plan to move houses in the next 3-6 months time.

Thanks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

MK_Dad wrote:Does anyone know how or which website / what tool is used by the county to calculate catchment? I am currently renting and it would be helpful if at all I plan to move houses in the next 3-6 months time.
It's a commercial OS package.

No one is going to worry about you moving when you're already at the extremes of the allocation distance. It's people renting a stone's throw from the school who mysteriously move 20 miles further away after the allocations who raise eyebrows.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You don't need to be in catchment for AGS as they have allocated your DS a place on distance -

All the catchment areas for boys are on here:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/2504383 ... t_2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MK_Dad

Post by MK_Dad »

Guest55 wrote:You don't need to be in catchment for AGS as they have allocated your DS a place on distance -

All the catchment areas for boys are on here:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/2504383 ... t_2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies for mixing up the 'distance' and 'catchment' terminologies. So now with the distance fixed at around 13.3 miles for my DS, this also implies that if at all I move, I will still have to restrict myself to within this distance correct?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No, not at all.

The people they are out to catch are those who rent close to schools to get a place and then move away. Given how far away you live, I don't think anyone could accuse you of having an "address of convenience".

Do bear in mind the practicalities of travel though.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Look at where the buses travel from carefully and do bear in mind that the A418 is notorious for traffic jams which often extend four or five miles out from Aylesbury in the morning.

If your son is going to get involved in out of school activities do think through the practicalities of him getting home!
MK_Dad

Post by MK_Dad »

At least one good thing with Milton Keynes is that there are council buses which pick up / drop kids at designated spots.
But Yes.... the after school programs can be a challenge with regards to logistics / pick up etc due to the distance.

I guess its easy to coordinate with parents if there are 4-5 kids from the same area signing up for after school programs.. that way each parent gets their turn only once a week (assuming its only one after school program in a week) :) Lets see how these things pan out.

Thanks for all your inputs Sally-Anne and Guest55.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now