Allocation Day Emails

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Burneth

Allocation Day Emails

Post by Burneth »

Hi all

I thought Gloucestershire parents may be interested in the telephone conversation I had with the admissions office earlier today. I was trying to ascertain when I would receive the allocation e-mail as I had signed up online for this. The lady said that the letters will be leaving the department on 3rd March first class and that the emails will be sent from 12.01am (very early hours of 4th March). She explained that obviously there were a LOT of emails to send and it will just depend where you are on the list as to when you would receive the email.

This information is contrary to what I was led to believe in that we would receive the email on 3rd March...so another day of waiting ahead of us all!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Thanks for that info-that's very disappointing,I had even booked March 3rd off work!

Gloucestermum
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I have just emailed admissions to see if they give me the same information! :?
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

That would be great - as parents it is very important to know which day (if any) to book off work!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Wouldn't the world be a great place if all the parents gave so much of themselves to their children,it really strikes me when i read all the posts on this forum just how much we all care about our kids,no-one could say that 11plus forum parents don't invest time and love on their kids.Until found this forum I thought I was unusual, I just didn't realize that others' are just so unselfish.I think that is so brilliant that you would take a day off to wait for the allocation letters.I am already "off" or I'd do the same,have to be the 4th now!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Reply from admissions-

I can confirm parent's shall receive the Secondary Allocation letter on 4th March 2008, the allocation letters will be posted first class on the 3rd March 2008, parents who have applied on line will receive an email confirmation on the midnight of 3rd March 2008 at 00:00am.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Josh that's a bit of a contradiction - they say midnight of 3rd March but then put 0.00am. I guess they mean 0.00am on the 4th.

That's slightly different from my information - are we assuming everybody will have an email by 0.01am on the 4th? If so, it'll be a late night for me!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Burneth wrote:That's slightly different from my information - are we assuming everybody will have an email by 0.01am on the 4th? If so, it'll be a late night for me!

IT hat on: it will take time for their database to generate individual emails and send them. It's not just a case of sending one email cc'd to lots of people. Could take a couple of hours (I don't know what systems Glos CC use).

Some systems could pre-generate them and put despatch on hold until 00:01 but even then there's no absolute guarentee that it would all work.

Don't keep staring at your screens for so long that you go cross-eyed, folks!
Capers
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi My allocation letter will come from Worcs county council,I wonder if it will be the same deal as Glos? suppose I should ring them and find out ....could be a long night! we'll have to think of some jokes or stories to keep us all amused and awake on the BIG night!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I notice a slight change to the information given to us in the admissions booklet-from the GCC website

My child sat the grammar test. When will I find out what the score was?
You will need to contact the grammar school where your child sat the test to request this information (or the School Admissions Team if this was High School for Girls or Sir Thomas Rich's). Scores will not be provided automatically in the interests of minimising pastoral and expectation issues for children when they start at the school. Scores will only be provided in writing to the parent/carer of the child.

Previously we were told that we would get the scores with the allocations letters!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now