WGSG waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Threeroyals

WGSG waiting list

Post by Threeroyals »

Hi,
Any parent who are not accepting inner academic places for better choice of their own?
Threeroyals

Re: WGSG Waiting List Only

Post by Threeroyals »

My friends DD she was 3rd in inner academic continued interest list and she got a place last week happy mother
sunny_mum

Post by sunny_mum »

Hi!
My DD is on the CI List at WGGS for an outer catchment music place . After March 1st allocations I was told by the admissions lady at WGGS that my DD was 4th on the Outer Music list .
Does anyone have any experience to how many places this list moves rather than score cut-off? I have of course looked at previous years scores and stats but places moved on the CI List would be useful too . I am aware that only 7 outer catchment music places were offered this year :roll:
I can now only wait till the 12th April when the school re-opens to speak to the very patient admissions lady and see where my DD is on the CI List . She couldn't have been offered a place this week as some DD's have on the forum, otherwise I would have received a letter/email from the school and my County Council by now .
The wait is agonizing :( ....or should I just give up hope? :|
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You need over 50% of the students how have been awarded a place to give it up.

I would have thought that is unlikely. Music lists do not have the movement that academic ones do.

You have nothing to lose by staying on the waiting list. I hope your current allocated school is something you are happy with? DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

From friends from previous years the outer music list seems to move more than the inner one so at number 4 there is good reason to remain hopeful.
Threeroyals

Post by Threeroyals »

Does anyone know how far the inner academic places move from previous experience,all I could find out is the marks not the actual number of pupils
sunny_mum

Post by sunny_mum »

Hera wrote:From friends from previous years the outer music list seems to move more than the inner one so at number 4 there is good reason to remain hopeful.

Thanks Hera .

I found out today that my DD has moved to 2nd on the outer music list. I'm not sure if it will move much more now :| but still got my fingers crossed :wink:
sunny_mum

Re: WGSG waiting list

Post by sunny_mum »

Hi
hope this info will help - my DD has been offered a place at WGGS last Friday . Very happy ! She was 4th on the Music Outer CI List . A huge movement as they only offer 7 places on total to the outer area.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

How wonderful! (government approved exclamation mark)

This is such great news and will give hope to lots of others. That is a very big movement, over 50% of the total places.

You must have had a lovely weekend. DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

Congratulations sunny_mum. That outer music list always seems to move a lot. There are great music opportunities at the school and I am sure that your daughter will love it and flourish if that is where she ends up. Is this your final choice? Also a new head was announced today to start in September.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now