QM Grammar Schools MAT

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Baker04

QM Grammar Schools MAT

Post by Baker04 »

Not sure how widely known this is, but as it's public knowledge now, QMGS and QMHS are joining forces with 3 other local non grammar academies to form a multi academy trust (MAT) which will be known as the Mercian Trust.

I've read through the consultation docs and it sounds great, not sure how it will benefit QM schools though? As one of the schools joining the trust is the comp my DS has been offered while we wait on the list for BV, it sort of makes us feel slightly better about things. Not sure how I'd feel if he'd got in to QM though!

The info can be read on the links here http://www.qmgs.walsall.sch.uk/index.ph ... cle&id=154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, interesting stuff and exciting times for these schools.

Bl
JaneEyre

Re: QM Grammar Schools MAT

Post by JaneEyre »

Apparently, this is the move to be done and we will hear more and more about this kind of Trusts. Mr C. mentioned this in his recent article:

'In the world of Sir Michael, it doesn’t matter that the Government doesn’t even want single academies sponsored by a single institution these days: we live in the world of multi-academy trusts.'

I am not sure we live in exciting times: I am rather under the impression that schools do what they do to confront the cuts in education, :( which are rather worrying!

But it is certainly great that QMGS and QMHS try to be proactive! :D
Baker04

Post by Baker04 »

JaneEyre wrote:Apparently, this is the move to be done and we will hear more and more about this kind of Trusts. Mr C. mentioned this in his recent article:

'In the world of Sir Michael, it doesn’t matter that the Government doesn’t even want single academies sponsored by a single institution these days: we live in the world of multi-academy trusts.'

I am not sure we live in exciting times: I am rather under the impression that schools do what they do to confront the cuts in education, :( which are rather worrying!

But it is certainly great that QMGS and QMHS try to be proactive! :D
I certainly don't think we "live in exciting times" where education in general is concerned! I work in primary education!

I meant that from knowing 2 of the other academies well, one of the schools in particular will benefit greatly from links with QM. Whether that happens in reality or just perception, I can see Aldridge and Shire Oak becoming highly sought after schools locally.

B
Last edited by Baker04 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

This may help in understanding what the schools are trying to achieve.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pt2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now