KS2 SATS/Teacher Assessment??

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

KS2 SATS/Teacher Assessment??

Post by Guest »

Just wondered if anyone can enlighten me - on my daughters school report she has a Teacher Assessment Result and a KS2 SATS result - with the SATs results being at a higher level. Can anyone explain this for me? :shock:

Thanks

Sara
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It means that the teacher predicted her results based on schoolwork and familiarisation papers and your daughter did better than the teacher's prediction in the actual tests.

That may say something about the teacher's/school's perception of your daughter's ability. On the other hand it may just be that your daughter pulls out all the stops in a real exam situation - many children do.

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Interesting.

http://www.tes.co.uk/2256445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia

Post by Guest »

To Patricia and Sally Anne. Thanks for your replies but.... these were not Teacher Predictions these were actually headed 'Teacher Assesment Tests' - does this mean these were tests set by the school and are more difficult than the SATS and if so why??? The results came with no explanation just a results table. I thought the SATS were for the school so not sure whats going on.
:shock: Thanks

Sara

Post by Guest »

Hi, Forget that last message - i went to see my daughters teacher who said that if they predict a '5' and the child doesnt acheive it they have to explain why so its easier to predict a lower level and (in my opinion) take a big pat on the back when they achieve level 5. Just a thought - but my daughter brought home all her practice SATS papers sat at school and acheived level 5 in every paper, some with higher scores than others. At parents evening in March we were told that English was her weaker subject with Maths being her strongest but 3 '5' were predicted and then 3 months later with a string of excellent practice papers her predicted scores were 2 4's and a 5(in her weaker subject!) I think this was all for the schools benefit and am now not going to read anything in predictions and just be immensly proud of her achievement.( i dont think 93 out of 100 is a borderline level 4/5!!!in maths) There are quite a few parents who were equally confused. :roll: Sorry for the rant but i feel much better now. Grammar school here we come and in my opinion rightly deserved!!! :D