Good luck everyone! Next round of allocations not long

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dotty2468

Good luck everyone! Next round of allocations not long

Post by Dotty2468 »

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with the next round of allocations next week. I feel like I have had a tension headache for a month worrying & waiting to see what happens next week. Perhaps you can post on here your success stories or CI movement as and when you find out.

Very stressful time for everyone holding out for a certain school so wishing you all the best!
minalpat78

Re: Good luck everyone! Next round of allocations not long

Post by minalpat78 »

Ditto..... dotty2468 ..... It is very stressful waiting.... I have been counting down the days all over again.... I live in Harrow so would Herts CC call me if we get a place or do we just get a letter in the post?
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

I'm not entirely sure. It think we get an email from Herts if we get a place and letters from the school if we get a place and also to tell us where we are on the list.

i wonder if the school would contact you direct in that case?

Think I'll be checking emails, post and phone calls with fingers crossed next week!!
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

Yes it'll be great to know people's experiences with getting in on next round. When Is the official date of of the next round? Thanks
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Monday to Friday next week
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

Hardwork786 wrote:Yes it'll be great to know people's experiences with getting in on next round. When Is the official date of of the next round? Thanks
a few years ago ( my dd is now in year 9) we were 9th on inner catchment academic wl for WGSG on march 1st. After 1st CI we were 4th, we got a place ( as did person below her on list) on the 2nd run towards end of April. I dont know how typical this is for movement, her year was a small year in comparison to now.
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

anyone heard anything.... when are we expected to hear if anything?
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

I asked Watford boys and they said after 11th April, they'd know more about movement.
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

I don't understand as I emailed SCD also today and there auto reply says the 11th April as well, but this week is the first continuing interest list so what's the point of this week then?
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

As far as I understand from an email I received from the school were are in the CI for... If you are offered a place you will hear from the local authority and the school this week...most people I know who have been through this said to expect it to be nearer the end of the week. you may (or may not I'm not sure) also hear from local authority of no place offered ... but on the 11th the schools will let us know by post where we are on the CI list after movement has be re calculated.

Hope that makes sense?!!!
This waiting is driving me mad :evil:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now