Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nofingernailsleftmum

ONE WEEK LEFT!!!!!!

Post by nofingernailsleftmum »

Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Not eating
Not sleeping (well, not at night anyway)
Feeling sick
Falling asleep with exhaustion in the office

Only one week to go and it seems a lifetime away! My daughter doesn't seem to be at all nervous or worried (so she says!) and I'm trying to be a normal mum so that she doesn't know that I'm worried. She has told me that her school already have their results - SOOOOOOOOO UNFAIR! Thinking about kidnapping the headmaster and torturing him until he tells me the outcome :P
Mercy

Post by Mercy »

Every minute, I am checking this site for any info, I keep on asking my kid who says I have no confidence in him, this is torture for me as I chose a school which ranks based on highest scores .

Mercy
nofingernailsleftmum

Yes, me too. My daughter has been getting top marks in her maths for the past three years and her SATs scores are excellent. Her teacher/Headmaster advised us to put her forward for Dartford Girls Grammar. We went to the open evening and she fell in love with the science department - it was embarrassing - we had to physically pull her out of the classroom!! so we put DGG as her first choice. She got on ok with her maths paper in the actual exam but didn't like the NVR - so much so, she came out of the exam with the bottom lip stuck out like a 2 year-old! (Bless her). One of her little friends came out of the exam crying. I really felt for them. Then they're made wait while the results are already known! (apparently)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

well, at this stage what will be will be! 8)

Keep smiling, not long now...

I remember this wait, thank gooodness I only had TWO chidren

:lol:
thewaiting isagony

Post by thewaiting isagony »

Know exactly how you are feeling.

I don't want to eat, can't sleep, spend the whole night writing my appeal.
I don't want to talk to anyone (unless they want to talk about 'what ifs'), think my husband might divorce me any day! (he's so lucky that he can compartmentalize),I'm constantly grinding my teeth and frowning and the only thing that has given me any comfort is to hear that I am not the only one.

All the parents in our area seem to be so confident that it's completely unnerving me.

Roll on next week, just so that I know either way!!
thehorder

Post by thehorder »

Its terrible this waiting although I feel its better not knowing than having to give my dd the news that she hasn't passed. Am now playing it down and boosting up the non selective choice... I just don't think she has done it... how easy I can be swayed.... trying to read into the teachers face a pass.... its the main topic of conversation with my friends... we are all feeling a little doubtful.

Our school has a teacher training day monday, then a school trip Tuesday, clever planning. Had a letter from the head saying a letter will be waiting for us on the 5th for those of you who haven't been given a selective place with your scores. If you have been given a selective place you won't be given your scores. Due to parent appeals, apparently not the heads rules, county rules....

How sad this one result maps out your childs future.... Well one stage!
nofingernailsleftmum

Really glad I'm not the only one feeling like this; although I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! Had a school meeting last night - the year 6's are going away on an adventure weekend on the 14th March, so we went to watch the video of what exactly they are going to get up to! Amazingly all the children seemed really relaxed and excited about going away, not one mentioned the 11 plus. In fact most of the parents seemed relaxed as well. Yikes am I the only one worrying myself sick here? Still never mind, I've lost a much needed 5 lbs in weight! Oh well, every cloud .......
jacko

Post by jacko »

Glad we're nearly there now!

Just to pick up on a point - are you sure that it is a county policy that those who gain a selective place aren't given their scores? I thought we could all ask for the scores directly from our headteachers next week.
thehorder

Post by thehorder »

I also thought we got told our scores, albeit had to ask. But re-checked the letter from the head and that is what it said. True or not, who knows!!!

DD is asking what treat is she having if she passes!!! one child is getting a laptop another a trip to europe, another a mobile phone. Two of these children will be definitely passing. Its difficult I don't want to promise something then she doesn't pass. Whatever the outcome she will deserve a treat, just don't want to promise too much.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

thehorder wrote:I also thought we got told our scores, albeit had to ask. But re-checked the letter from the head and that is what it said. True or not, who knows!!!

DD is asking what treat is she having if she passes!!! one child is getting a laptop another a trip to europe, another a mobile phone. Two of these children will be definitely passing. Its difficult I don't want to promise something then she doesn't pass. Whatever the outcome she will deserve a treat, just don't want to promise too much.
I am in the laptop category. Only because the local non-selective children get free laptops and GS children don't, and this was the necessary deal even to get DS to put the GS as first choice on his CAF form. So at least if he doesn't pass I am a few hundred quid better off. Win/Win situation as far as I am concerned.