A levels and grading

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

A levels and grading

Post by KS10 »

A colleague has to put together a presentation on the new A Levels and is struggling to find anything about the A*. If it is possible to get an A*, is there any guidance on what the student has to do to achieve it? Thanks.
Guest55

Re: A levels and grading

Post by Guest55 »

You can get an A* in A level according to the specs but the rules may not be the same in each subject - they aren't now.

Maths hasn't changed yet so I've not paid much attention - I might guess it will be 90+ as that is what you have to get in A2 units (Maths and F Maths currently have different rules and may continue to do so).

Could e-mail the exam boards?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thanks, G55. I thought it was a lazy question, but clearly not. I will pass on your suggestion.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I scanned through a few of the new specs which your colleague could easily have done! Any Exam board training on the new specs should have covered this ...
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Guest55 wrote: Any Exam board training on the new specs should have covered this ...
I feel that the exam boards training focus essentially on the new content but not too much on the grading ( at least in MFL)...