Barton Court Grammar School - Views please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shakespearessister

Barton Court Grammar School - Views please!

Post by shakespearessister »

Does anyone have children at Barton Court? I would really appreciate some honest opinions about the school. They look very good on paper - ofsted and results - but my visits didn't give me a 'feel' for the place: it was very orderly, quiet and civilised but the children said very little when I asked them if they were happy and enjoyed school. Of course they may just have been shy. So could any parents out there give me a feel for the school please from their experience? Thank you!
EJ43

Re: Barton Court Grammar School - Views please!

Post by EJ43 »

Sorry can't help as don't have anyone that goes to Barton Court but my eldest didn't like the school when she viewed it a few years ago she didn't pass so wasn't an issue, went back again last year and again last week with my youngest she hadn't been before and she doesn't like it either she doesn't get "that feel" like she has from other schools, so much so she doesn't want to visit it again and if she passes later this year does not want it listed down as a choice she dislikes it that much!

I do know of children that are there and they do seem to get on ok and enjoy going to school and I know of others that have left to go to other schools

Hopefully someone will come along with children there and give you their opinion
shakespearessister

Re: Barton Court Grammar School - Views please!

Post by shakespearessister »

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. So hard to choose a school and try to imagine if they will be happy there! Without a 'gut' feeling to go on, and not knowing any parents of children there, it seemed sensible to ask for help from others more familiar with the school and its ethos. Hopefully others will have some insight to share too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now