My GCSE Science - Web based video tutorials

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tagore

My GCSE Science - Web based video tutorials

Post by Tagore »

Has anyone subscribed to my-gcsescience? DD has a bias towards visual tutorials. Before parting with money it would be useful to know if anyone has found the site beneficial.
Tagore
Tinkers

Re: My GCSE Science - Web based video tutorials

Post by Tinkers »

I haven't looked at it but DDs school mentioned it at the parents evening.
copella

Post by copella »

I have recommended this website before. We used them with DS 1 when they were free a couple of years ago and he thought they were really helpful. I gave paid for ds2 to have access to the content as well. The videos are very clear and not overly long. There are exam based questions yo test what they have learnt. I would say go ahead and sign up.
rittersport

Post by rittersport »

The videos are very helpful and follow the AQA igcse syllabus perfectly. He is also receptive to any improvements/corrections etc. The 50 squids is money well spent.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Would it be helpful to a very very bored demoralised and uninspired year 11, do you think? Or might it add to the repetitious hades?
rittersport

Post by rittersport »

It's a mono tone video play list that goes through chemistry biology and physics to the letter of the syllabus. It's very well done. If the basic syllabus is memorised then at least a grade c can be achieved I have been told by teachers. Good luck
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

Thank you all for your prompt response with useful comments. Enjoy the rest of your Easter.
Tagore
zhp

Post by zhp »

we signed up to it however please note the content has not been updated for the new syllabus we sent an email to the website owner or the science teacher to ask if it was going to be updated and we did not receive a response and this was very disappointing .

the website i believe has still not been updated for the new syllabus and thre is no mention on their website if it will be
copella

Post by copella »

My ds is taking his GCSEs in 2017 when only maths and English will be under the new number system. I have noticed that most websites update the year beforehand ie Mr Bruff for English only began sending out updated videos this academi year for 2017 exams so perhaps mygcsescience will begin updating his in the autumn for the 2018 sitters.
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

Could any user can clarify whether this is only for AQA board alone as it says so? Many thx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now