Sutton Tiffin Newstead Common Catchment

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rvl190506

Sutton Tiffin Newstead Common Catchment

Post by rvl190506 »

I am looking for some guidance in identifying a house in CR4 area (or any other post code) which will be common catchment for Tiffin Girls, Wallington, Non Such and Newstead Wood. Any help will be much appreciated
scary mum

Re: Sutton Tiffin Newstead Common Catchment

Post by scary mum »

Zoopla? Local estate agents?
scary mum
WildWombat

Post by WildWombat »

Hi rvl
As well as checking out zoopla I would also have a good look at the tfl website to check out journeys from CR4.
If they looked possible on the page then I'd probably try them out during morning rush hour before I committed to moving house.
It would be awful to go through the upheaval of moving house only to find that despite being in catchment, the journey wasn't one you would be comfortable for your 11 year old to undertake every day.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'd double check any info you get from zoopla. I've not tried Zoopla, but I've looked at Rightmove and their schools information was so inaccurate in places it's almost criminal. I'd like to think it's got better...
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

There is very, very little of CR4 which is less than 9 miles from Newstead Woods. You are probably looking at Radnor Close and Monmouth Close, and I would definitely get the distances confirmed. Both of those would also come into Nonsuch's inner catchment by the skin of their teeth - again you would need to check with GIS. I think pretty much all of CR4 is with Wally Girls catchment.

Both roads are fairly affordable.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

rvl190506 wrote:I am looking for some guidance in identifying a house in CR4 area (or any other post code) which will be common catchment for Tiffin Girls, Wallington, Non Such and Newstead Wood. Any help will be much appreciated
If you are considering moving, bear in mind that you may need to have moved by the date of application for a place. You may have seen this from Tiffin Girls re. their catchment already, but in case not, here is the link: http://www.tiffingirls.org/getattachmen ... 17-18.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Nonsuch Girls' catchment is about 3.3 miles - this comes from their admissions policy for 2016 (on their website):
Up to 110 places linked to our catchment area circle. This will be in order of
highest score to those whose permanent place of residence on 31 October 2015
(the deadline for submission of the Common Application Form) is 5.25 km or less
from the front door of Nonsuch measured in a straight line. (Distances are
verified by the London Borough of Sutton using a Geographical Information
System (GIS) computer program.)
Last edited by PurpleDuck on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Large map, list of catchment areas and a pen / pencil?

Personally, I would be a bit wary of estate agents, zoopla, etc, too. Check the actual catchment area with the school or LEA.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

For Newstead you need to be at the address, be on the council tax register and have proof (usually child benefit letter or statement you don't get CB) by the time you submit the SIF which is about June each year. In our area many apply to Bexley, Newstead and Kent grammars and the key triangle is Petts Wood and Orpington. With Townley having just got an Outstanding it is proving more popular than ever.