Spiralizer

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Spiralizer

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Purchased a very basic spiralizer to "give it a go" and, whilst I have decided that the concept of spiralling will work for our family, the actual gadget is proper pants!! Mind you, it was under £15 so unsurprising, perhaps, but frankly my grater does a better job and makes less mess (although the grater doesn't pretend to make spirals!)

I want a gadget that can cope with hard vegetables like carrot, butternut etc and not just the easy courgette and cucumber. I am not that fussed on lots of different size noodles but would prefer one that doesn't take up too much room if possible - and doesn't cost the earth!!

Any recommendations?
Tinkers

Re: Spiralizer

Post by Tinkers »

I got one from Amazon I think. It came from Japan though. It's quite sturdy. I'll see if I can find it again, though it was a while again when we bought it. We had seen them on a cookery programme.

Eta they still sell it
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Benriner-Cooks- ... spiralizer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DH is heavy handed at the best of times and it has handled him quite well. :lol:
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

I'm glad you posted a link, Tinkers - I never heard of a spiralizer before! Things I learn on this site... :D
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Ditto PurpleDuck, I have learnt something today.

I was actually wondering why kenyancowgirl needed a carrot for a Spirograph as I always used a pen or pencil! :lol:
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

inkypinkyponky wrote:Ditto PurpleDuck, I have learnt something today.

I was actually wondering why kenyancowgirl needed a carrot for a Spirograph as I always used a pen or pencil! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Have you tried Lakeland, they're great for kitchen things and have a good guarantee?
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

It was apparently such a hit this Christmas that they sold out and couldn't be had!

Seems like a good idea- Sainsbury's and Tesco's have some spiralized veggies and alos something called cauliflower rice which is just food processed cauli.

so you could try out on your family first before investing in the hardware.

I'd like to have one that is very sturdy and easy to clean, but our kitchen is out of storage space right now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now