Queens College Harley Street

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mm3

Queens College Harley Street

Post by mm3 »

Does anyone have any views about this school ? Do you have children that go there, or know people that are there ? What is it like ?
londongirl

Post by londongirl »

For some reason I am busy posting tonight, probably because we are trying to come to our own decisions on west and sw london schools and it's a very hard tense time. We didn't apply for Queens College Harley Street but know lots of people who did. I understand that it is very strong on art and quite good on drama too. No pressure as far as I know and not particularly academic at all. Sounds like a non academic school would be nice for a few years but won't we all just be going through this angst again in a few years time when it comes to GCSEs and A Levels and while academics are not the only drivers of course I would hate to regret not focussing on them to a certain extent when the years fly by. Lovely school but most of my friends are going for the other one CG. We too have a place at CG but are trying to decide between more local options so wll probably let that one go. I hope it works out. I thought it would be over when we got the offers but the final decisions are hard arn't they?
mm3

Post by mm3 »

Thank you for that. It is interesting that people are tending to choose CG over QC. They seem to have very different ways of achieving similar ends, and it is hard to see which route would suit the child better.

As you say, it is amazingly hard to choose. You try to look back to the open days of months ago and discern any detail that differentiates two schools.

All information about CG or QC welcomed.

Angst angst angst
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now