Travelling to Wilson's school from hounslow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
satheeshgum

Travelling to Wilson's school from hounslow

Post by satheeshgum »

Not sure whether the topic has come in the forum, but my DS got admission in wilson's school and wondering anyone in the same boat of wanting to commute to the school from hounslow by shared taxi
ToadMum

Re: Travelling to Wilson's school from hounslow

Post by ToadMum »

satheeshgum wrote:Not sure whether the topic has come in the forum, but my DS got admission in wilson's school and wondering anyone in the same boat of wanting to commute to the school from hounslow by shared taxi
Here's one previous thread (found this by using Google rather than the search facility on the forum, btw):

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=35007

Silly question, but did you actually consider the journey before you chose the school?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
satheeshgum

Post by satheeshgum »

Hi ToadMum, thanks for the link though in that link no one discussing coach service. we are prepared to move anyway closer to school. However, based on circumstances, we have to stay in hounslow for the time being and hence looking some kind of coach service. I am against spending long time in busses/trains with multiple mode of transport and literally against giving any non-school pressure to my DS. That is why i am looking for coach service. i just want him to get in to coach, do homework or relax and get down near school and the similar journey back. However this is only for few months.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Out of curiosity how much have you been quoted for a weekly service?
satheeshgum

Post by satheeshgum »

i haven't really got up to that stage yet. this is my first post in regards to get to know anyone who is in similar boat
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

If staying put in Hounslow, very soon your DS would need to get to grip with trains and buses.

Minicabs etc could easily cost £100 to £150 pw and at that point, one might even like to explore nearby independent schools (possibly with scholarships or bursaries).
satheeshgum

Post by satheeshgum »

i found some minibuses which others using is costing around 200 a month to some other schools (working on work term month)
As mentioned, i am looking this only for short time as we planned to move anyway. Still, during this short term, i wanted my DS to go comfortably even if it is at some reasonable cost to me
confused11

Post by confused11 »

Good morning

We live in Feltham and my DS got into Wilson's our second choice. We are looking at moving nearer the school in August. We are also looking for short term travel option in case we do not find any place of our choice. It would be great to exchange views and options.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Some options are in this link from google.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=feltham+to+wallington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this is of some help.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now