Travelling from Stanmore to WGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
poojad

Travelling from Stanmore to WGSB

Post by poojad »

Can anyone please suggest best way for commuting from Stanmore to Watford Boys School as school doesn't seem to have transport facility?
scary mum

Re: Travelling from Stanmore to WGSB

Post by scary mum »

Google maps is usually a good place to start. Is this preparation in advance or is your DS starting in September?
scary mum
Fustrateddad

Post by Fustrateddad »

It's a shame that parents don't check the journey to school before applying for it and then expect others to sort out their DC's travelling plans!

The Transport for London website is a look place to investigate public transport routes to school. Your DS can take the 142 bus from Stanmore to Watford and then there are a variety of different buses that you DS can take to school from Watford. Alternatively the quickest way is for your DS to take the tube from Stanmore station to Wembley Park station on the Jubilee line and change on the Metropolitan line to Watford Station. The school is a short walk from the station.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

142 bus goes from Stanmore station to Watford Junction via Bushey. It's a lovely bus ride and takes about 35 minutes.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Kingfisher wrote:142 bus goes from Stanmore station to Watford Junction via Bushey. It's a lovely bus ride and takes about 35 minutes.
And presumably free with the Zip Oyster card until he is 16, if the journey is within the TfL area?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
piggys

Post by piggys »

OP why did you apply to the school if you had no idea how your dc would get there? why should other people sort it out for you?
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

piggys wrote:OP why did you apply to the school if you had no idea how your dc would get there? why should other people sort it out for you?
It took all of 5 seconds for me to type in and search 'Buses from Stanmore to Watford.' It even gave me the bus timetable. Very helpful search engine.
piggys

Post by piggys »

Indeed kingfisher; which makes it all the more unbelievable that the OP should be incapable of undertaking such a simple task,no ?
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Wait, can someone in Stanmore even get into a Watford GS? I thought you had to live next to it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think sometimes the question is really "I know I can look it up, but can someone with experience tell me which is the best way that most people use" (although I don't imagine there are many from Stanmore).
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now