Do The Teachers Know??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scatshouse

Do The Teachers Know??

Post by scatshouse »

I'm pretty sure that the headmasters already know if our children have passed, for the sake of appeals etc. but do the year 6 teachers know? At parent's evening yesterday I was hoping to pick up a clue 8) but when I said to the teacher that she knew, she either should be nominated for an Oscar, or she genuinely didn't know. She's also the deputy head which was also a reason why I thought she would know, as the Headmaster was away for a while in January, which would have made her acting head at the time the results were known.

Does anybody know for sure whether the teachers would know??
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Head teachers know in January, maybe your year 6 teacher doesn't know.
I know ours did, as they ask their opinions on if they should appeal for a child.
Maybe other Head teachers choose not to say anything.

AM
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

I assumed that the teachers knew in advance like the headteacher. At parents evening I didn't want to put the teacher on the spot by asking, but was still hoping for some enlightenment by osmosis or something! I didn't get any though.
katel

Post by katel »

Certainly in Kent they know because my child's teacher gave me a most unprofessional hint. Trouble was, I was too thick to realize what it was until I thought back months later!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now