KEFW induction evening - 21st April

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

KEFW induction evening - 21st April

Post by nervousmom »

There is an induction evening next Thursday for Five Ways.

Information regarding this should be received in the next couple of day.
KenR

Re: KEFW induction evening - 21st April

Post by KenR »

BTW come early armed with your cheque card - all of the school uniform suppliers have stalls on induction night and they often have discounted offers to temp parents to buy early
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

thanks for posting nervousmom and KenR

I am awaiting information from KECHG (our induction evening is a week later) and was wondering if we'd get information beforehand or could purchase uniform items. I'm also hoping there may be a second hand stall.

If anyone has been there & done that and can confirm it's much the same at CHG I'd appreciate it.

OT
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Letter arrived today, didn't say much, but at least we're on the list!!

Until it arrived I was worried they'd put us down as a decline :lol:
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

nervousmom wrote:Letter arrived today, didn't say much, but at least we're on the list!!

Thanks for posting this nervousmom - and for being so honest about how worrying the gap between sending in acceptance of place and hearing something substantive back from the school can be. I'm sure those watching (as ghosts/ members) will appreciate hearing that information is arriving.

For those awaiting info from KECHG - hopefully we'll receive information for our induction evening (Tues 26 April) soon too.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Is anyone going tomorrow night?

It will be interesting to see how many girls there are this year. Everyone here seems to have a DS!! :lol:
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

nervousmom wrote:Letter arrived today, didn't say much, but at least we're on the list!!

Our letter arrived today as well from KES Stratford and you are right nervousmom, it is so reassuring indeed!
doc_s

Post by doc_s »

If KECHG doing induction evening on 26th April, is there an induction evening for KECHB planned soon as well? Anyone got any info? Not heard anything yet from KECHB tho.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi doc_s

I haven't had anything from KECHG aside from the date stamped confirmation that they received my form. So I hope that makes you (& others here) feel better.

I did check the KECHB website in case there was anything there for you - because our welcome evening on the 26th is on the KECHG calendar - but the CHB calendar ( both main page and parent calendars) is totally blank.

Perhaps someone from KECHB or FO might like to suggest they update the CHB calendar?

I'm afraid I don't know. It may be CHB don't do a welcome evening - perhaps someone who has been there and done that might explain what happens (or has traditionally happened) at KECHB?
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

doc_s wrote:If KECHG doing induction evening on 26th April, is there an induction evening for KECHB planned soon as well? Anyone got any info?
I think that traditionally, at CHB, the induction evening for New Year 7 parents takes place just the day before the children have their induction day at their future secondary school, so beginning of July. However, this year, the induction evening takes place one week earlier, on Wednesday the 29th of June, from 7 to 9 p.m.