Bexley grammar test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Elenajob

Bexley grammar test

Post by Elenajob »

Hello everyone:)

Could you advise me please how many questions are there in Bexley selection test? How many minutes they give you to answer it?
What procentage is the passing score?

Thank you!
PettswoodFiona

Re: Bexley grammar test

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DD sat last September but can't remember number of questions Or timing for each section. It was time pressured but not as much as some parts of ther Kent test. The qualifying score was 215 but it can move each year. Once standardised I believe that works out approx as low as 50% - I remember seeing some very whizzy formulae on this forum to that effect. I would say just keep trying to do your best each time and don't focus on the pass score.
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

Thank you for your answer Fiona!

We just recently did Kent mock test and my daughter got right 139 out of 180 questions, which is 74%. They told us it is pass but other information is that you need a minimum 82% to pass or 90% to guarantee. And in a real Kent test 420 questions in 4 hours and for Bexley it's 280 questions in 2 hours!

So I'm confused:(
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm not in your area, but there might be some useful information here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure some knowledgeable locals will also help out!
scary mum
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Elenajob wrote:Thank you for your answer Fiona!

We just recently did Kent mock test and my daughter got right 139 out of 180 questions, which is 74%. They told us it is pass but other information is that you need a minimum 82% to pass or 90% to guarantee. And in a real Kent test 420 questions in 4 hours and for Bexley it's 280 questions in 2 hours!

Are you looking at the maximum standardised scores of 420 (Kent) and 280 (Bexley), and assuming that the children have to answer those many questions? Kent had about 130 questions and Bexley had about 200 questions.

Kent test was NOT for 4 hours last year. I would recommend you to check the familiarisation booklet. The four subjects together were for 2 hours last year + the writing task after a lunch break.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Elenajob wrote:Thank you for your answer Fiona!

The person advising you might be referring to a Bexley top 180 score. If you score in the top 180 you are 'guaranteed' a place at a Bexley grammar provided you put it down on your CAF. If you are within distance you just need a pass. Distances for this year have been discussed on this Forum, eg Sid n Chid came out 4.01 miles but that might change by September.

Kent test is extended by the essay that is only used for borderline cases. For the OOC sitters the arrival time was about 8.30, departure for us 1.30+ but some of that was delays and break times. Again, Kent just requires a pass unless you are looking at the schools that offer places based on score and some places to OOC candidates in which case a high score is needed for OOC.