DCHS vs Watford Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Northdad

DCHS vs Watford Grammar

Post by Northdad »

I know this topic crosses SW Herts and Bucks but I thought I would try here. I will let Mods move it as they see fit.

I know that the catchment policies etc are quite different for each and so many that are eligible or likely to be able to get into one may not be eligible or likely to be able to get into another. That being said, what do members with experience or knowledge of one or both think of these schools and how they compare: academically, pastorally etc?

Many thanks in advance.
Guest55

Re: DCHS vs Watford Grammar

Post by Guest55 »

I very much doubt anyone has first-hand experience of both to be able to compare them.

Whch did you prefer when you visited? Which one might you live nearer enough to make travel simple?
11+pass

Post by 11+pass »

It's difficult to compare but you must note that DCHS is a fully selective school whereas Watford Girls is partially selective. I know of a few girls who live in the Watford inner and outer catchment who had DCHS as their first or second(HBS was first choice then) choice this year and Watford Girls as their second or third choice. All those girls were offered DCHS this year and they have accepted it.
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

Thanks. We liked both. They are great schools. Not much in it in terms of travel. They are both 30 to 40 mins in rush hour. With option of public transport for both. DCHS edged it for me because of the Head's speech and just an overall feeling. I haven't yet manged to get comparative league table results.

We will need to visit both again. DD has so far only visited WGGS and certainly need her opinion too. She loved WGGS but have a feeling she will really like DCHS.

any other views?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now