SW Herts stays with GL for Maths but CEM paper not DAO

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

SW Herts stays with GL for Maths but CEM paper not DAO

Post by Daogroupie »

SW Herts have posted their specimen papers. The VR CEM specimen paper is called 2016 final so it appears that they are using the same format paper as last year. The Maths specimen paper is from 2012 and so the Maths continues to be GL

I find it odd that SW Herts are continuing with two separate providers when they could easily have CEM as their sole provider.

HBS and DAO write their own standard format English and Maths papers so it makes sense for them but not for SW Herts. Why would they do this for a second year? Why pay for two different providers when you could just have one?

However SW Herts are stating that their papers have been prepared specifically for the Consortium which means that the CEM paper is NOT the same as the DAO CEM paper even though it is exactly the same format.

What about those who want to sit a CEM super saturday school and SW Herts?

SW Herts are using the CEM Super Saturday date of 10th September but not offering the same paper.

So those wanting to sit SW Herts and a CEM super saturday school will need to apply for the back up date of one of them. DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PD mum

Re: SW Herts specimen papers remain the same as last year

Post by PD mum »

Could you elaborate on where they're 'posted' please?
Many thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: SW Herts stays with GL for Maths but CEM paper not DAO

Post by Daogroupie »

Consortium website.
PD mum

Post by PD mum »

I've checked the consortium website but cannot find the info that you refer to. Where specifically is the reference to 2016 final?
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

The papers are posted here

http://www.swhertsschools.org.uk/famili ... on-papers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maths looks like maths to me, but as DG said:
Daogroupie wrote:The VR CEM specimen paper is called 2016 final so it appears that they are using the same format paper as last year. The Maths specimen paper is from 2012 and so the Maths continues to be GL
PD mum

Post by PD mum »

I'm truly baffled! When I go to the familiarisation papers, I can find no reference to 2016 - the date on PDFs is 2015?! What am I missing?!!!
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

"2016 Final" is in the filename of the VR pdf.
PD mum

Post by PD mum »

Thank you so much, explained perfectly. The was no reference to file name on both my apple devices until I saved it to 'ibooks'. Well, seems reasonable to assume it's not changed to complete CEM, but I'll still wait until the registration date to see if anything changes :shock:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Nothing is going to change now. They have put up these files ready for Tuesday as it is a bank holiday weekend and nobody is going to be in on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Registration will open early Tuesday morning using all the files that are already there waiting.

It is exactly the same as last year. In fact it is a year ago today that I broke the news that SW Herts and DAO had gone CEM.

Nobody had any inkling at all until I made that post and many parents and tutors carried on without checking and sent their students in full of Athey instead of CEM.

That was why SW Herts was forced to tell all parents to add 25 marks to their score because their CEM marks were so low and DAO had students getting places with English and Maths marks in the 50s.

But any parent or tutor who looked at the specimen papers on the website would have known. It is just a lot of them don't ever look at the website.

That would be one of my questions if I was choosing a tutor. When did you last visit the school or look at the website?

CEM marks will be a lot higher this year so let's hope there are no study centres or tutors left who are still doing Athey. DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

STOP PRESS!!!

DAO and SW Herts have same CEM paper.

So those who want to sit both will have to sit at SW Herts to do the Maths paper.

You can only sit once.

Mods could you change the title to CEM paper still same as DAO.

Thanks

DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now