Second round offers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PurpleDog

Second round offers?

Post by PurpleDog »

Anyone else waiting hopefully for a place in the second round of offers?

Am I right in thinking that these offers only go out in the post on Friday 29th, so with a bank holiday on Monday, we may not get it until Tuesday?

Will the schools know who has been offered?
What are the chances they might tell me if I ring up on Friday?
The Weald admissions lady has been so helpful so far, I might give it a try.
Mehere

Re: Second round offers?

Post by Mehere »

We are waiting for the second round of offers too. Another week to wait seems like an eternity, especially when other areas have already started second round offers.

We are also waiting for Weald and I know you are higher up the list than us, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too. If you get a place and we don't, at least it will mean that we move up a place or if we are very lucky we may both get a place.

I hadn't thought about when the schools would know who has been offered. I was just hoping the post arrives OK on the Saturday, otherwise the wait until Tuesday won't be fun.
NotEnoughHours

Post by NotEnoughHours »

I'm not sure whether Weald is the same but we are on a different school's waiting list and the school office told me KCC has control of the waiting list until 2nd May, when it is handed back to the school to take charge of. I guess there is no harm phoning and asking them on Friday but they may not know as it is KCC sending out the offers not the school.
Good luck to everyone waiting for second round offers, hope you all get the places you want xx
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Am also waiting and will be away for the whole weekend, will phone KCC on friday and hopefully (fingers crossed) they will be able to shed some light as our post will not arrive until tuesday :cry: will make a very nervous weekend away.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

I don't see why KCC can't update the offer details accessible online - perhaps after 17:00 as they do on the date first round offers are posted.

We don't mind too much as we'll still be happy if we don't get another offer, but I'm sorry for anyone unhappy with their current offer who has to wait longer because of the bank holiday weekend. Good luck.
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Has anyone got a e-mail at all with the result ?
rhc

Post by rhc »

I just spoke to KCC. They said that they cannot give out any details over the telephone, but all letters were posted first class at 10am this morning, so should be with us by tomorrow. They are not making the second round offers available online, by email or over the phone, and the letter is the only way that we will find out the info.

I don't know whether the school's themselves will know if a child now has an offer from their school. I tried to phone the school we are hoping for, but the admissions lady is away until Tuesday.....

Good luck everyone!
hempsteadlad

Post by hempsteadlad »

This is typical of KCC to be behind the rest of the country. In London, Bexley, Bromley and Surrey parents were told last week. Why should we wait when Bexley Grammar Schools did their 2nd round last week. I hear that various people lobbied KCC admissions who put it down to Kent being a large County. Well get some staff; we pay enough in Council Tax! Furthermore with todays technology, you would have thought that it was easier than 10 years ago.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

To be fair Bucks second round was today too.
Diamondmum

Post by Diamondmum »

Tonbridge Grammar School have posted their second round offer details. In area, 13 places with score of 363. Out of area stayed at 381. Good luck. we are in-area and my daughter scored more than 363 so I should hopefully get a positive letter tomorrow.