2nd Choice offer - please help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
samk

2nd Choice offer - please help

Post by samk »

Hi,
My daughter has just been offered her second choice school and we also received a letter from the council to confirm.
If I accept this, will my daughter stay on the waiting list for her first choice or be taken off?
Thanks!
ToadMum

Re: 2nd Choice offer - please help

Post by ToadMum »

samk wrote:Hi,
My daughter has just been offered her second choice school and we also received a letter from the council to confirm.
If I accept this, will my daughter stay on the waiting list for her first choice or be taken off?
Thanks!
Check with your LEA, but she would normally only be taken off a waiting list if you requested it or if you received an offer from a higher preference school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
drvs

Post by drvs »

hello samk,
your daughter has been offered your second choice school but don't worry your DD will automatically go on to the waiting list of your first choice.But if your LA has asked you to write to school in writing to put down your DD's name on your 1st choice waiting list then pls do so(i'm sure you would have done by now coz the waiting list re offers has already been started).
Don't worry about the letter,its just a formality.please accept your 2nd choice and wait for the movements.Your DD's name will be on the wait list until 2017 august.Good luck and hope your DD gets into her 1st choice school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

drvs wrote:hello samk,
your daughter has been offered your second choice school but don't worry your DD will automatically go on to the waiting list of your first choice.But if your LA has asked you to write to school in writing to put down your DD's name on your 1st choice waiting list then pls do so(i'm sure you would have done by now coz the waiting list re offers has already been started).
Don't worry about the letter,its just a formality.please accept your 2nd choice and wait for the movements.Your DD's name will be on the wait list until 2017 august.Good luck and hope your DD gets into her 1st choice school.
samk, is your first choice Wallington (I think I saw that you had posted a while back that 'hopefully you would get an offer' from them?)? If so, according to the admissions policy, the waiting list is only maintained 'as is' until the end of December 2016:

4.12 After 31st December in the year of entry the ranked waiting lists will be combined into one list, with equal ranking for all applicants. New applicants will be added onto this list and entry will be
considered under the arrangements for mid-term admission. Parents wishing to remain on the waiting list after this date must apply through the London Borough of Sutton Education Department stating their wish and providing the child’s name, date of birth and the name of their current school. After 31st December in the year of entry, parents whose children are not already on the waiting list but who wish them to be so must apply for mid-term admission through the London Borough of Sutton Education Department.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Hello samk,

Just wonder you been offered a place at your first preference school, or have you heard about your waiting list position movements?

We have, and we are still optimistic getting a place by September,

Thanks
bigmomma

Post by bigmomma »

Realkotti wrote:Hello samk,

Just wonder you been offered a place at your first preference school, or have you heard about your waiting list position movements?

We have, and we are still optimistic getting a place by September,

Thanks
Hi,

Does anyone know the likelihood of movement into Wallington if DD is on the waiting list between 15-20?

I've recently heard there are 3 separate waiting lists for each category but not sure how much that will impact our current waiting list.

Thanks
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Hi bigmomma,

I cannot comment on your query, as we are in the same position as you, in terms of waiting list for the same school.

But there was considerable movement on our daughter's position since offer day, and we still have hope,

Do you know any one appealing for a place,

You are most welcome to PM us,

Thanks
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

I know of someone who received an offer for WHSG from the waiting list today - she was within catchment, and in the first 10 on the list.

Just thought I'd put it out there as encouragement!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now