Is NVR disappearing?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Northdad

Is NVR disappearing?

Post by Northdad »

It seems that NVR is rapidly disappearing. Would members agree? Does anyone know of any of these schools still retaining Nvr?

SW Herts, Bucks, HBS, NLCS, St Albans High, St Helens?

What's the general trend?
Thanks.
Guest55

Re: Is NVR disappearing?

Post by Guest55 »

This is the booklet about the Bucks Transfer Test:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/3990218 ... t-2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The only one of these schools that once had it and have stopped using it is HBS. Bucks uses it in their CEM. The others have never used it. QE used to use it but gave both VRs up four years ago.

I actually think CEM has brought it back in some areas but in North London only Latymer, ST M's and Mill County use it from the states. No girls private schools use it but last year Habs, St Albans and MT boy's schools used it. DG
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

Thanks Guest55. Yes Bucks has it in. Also has it in the familiarisation paper. Should have seen that myself.

SW Herts does not have it in the familiarisation paper and nor does HBS. Could HBS round 2 have NVR? And any other indie?
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

Thanks DG. Any track record of HBS second round or Indie interviews containing NVR?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

HBS second round is Standard format English and Maths. There is no NVR. QE and HBS gave up their NVR when they moved their exam to September. Before both had a first round of NVR/VR in November and a second round of English and Maths in January.

Private schools in North London for girls do not use either VR or NVR in the exam or in the interview. DG
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

Thanks for this .

I read somewhere that NVR is an indicator of high potential. I wonder whether it's because schools no longer value it as much as English and Maths as a predictor of potential.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Newstead Wood in Bromley still do NVR, it is also one of only two papers, the other being VR. Kent and Bexley both had some NVR in but it was more 'mixed up' into other papers eg in Kent you get a sore for English, Maths and Reasoning and the later includes both NVR and VR.