Awwwwww, Guide Dog puppies (pic, not yucky but bit mess)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Yamin151

Awwwwww, Guide Dog puppies (pic, not yucky but bit mess)

Post by Yamin151 »

Anyone planning on staying up late? I'm 5 down, 4 or 5 to go with our lab who is delivering new guide dogs (hopefully!). I'm a reasonable midwife though I say so myself :D
Fingers crossed for safe delivery of them all, all boys so far
Yoda, Yoyo, Yogi, Yuri and Yella

Need at least Yasmin and Yvette!

Mum tired but ok, I might get some zzzzzzzs on the sofa later on, but will spend most of the night popping in and out to plug them in! Thank heavens it's half term!
Last edited by Yamin151 on Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamin151

Re: Awwwwww, Guide Dog puppies

Post by Yamin151 »

booellesmum

Re: Awwwwww, Guide Dog puppies (pic, not yucky but bit mess)

Post by booellesmum »

Wow, what a lovely picture of them all.
Hope the rest of your evening goes smoothly and you get a bit of sleep!
Enjoyingthejourney

Post by Enjoyingthejourney »

Aww, how adorable. Are the litters usually that big? :shock: poor mom! Hope the night goes well for you all. Please update to let us know how it went.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Very sweet! A friend here has a guide dog brood b**ch but the Guide Dog association take her away just before she is due and then return her once the puppies have been weaned and gone off to training. I didn't realise some of them stayed in their home as well! Good luck - lots of tiring days ahead!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Gosh - congratulations and good luck!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Wonderful, Yamin. I can't think of a better way to spend BH weekend. I hope it's all going well.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

The puppies are so cute :D Thanks for sharing the picture!
For how long will they stay with you? I am imagining all the little puddles in your kitchen; may be I am too realistic and should just contemplate the picture and not think about the practicalities. :lol:
Good luck for your new adventure! :D
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thanks everyone. She had 9! Last one at 4am, I got a lie in while dh took over before he went to work, bless him. 8 boys and 1 girl.

In answer to questions, oh yes, the puddles, and not jsut that but the number twos. Everywhere, I havenever cleared up so much poo, and I had twins! By the end you just sit eating your tea with a roll of blue roll and a black plastic sack next to you, and just clear up while you eat, lol!
Yes, most broods have their litters in the family home, it's only if there is a worry that they go in to breeding centre. I'm watching them now, all cutely feeding, it's so sweet. By 6 weeks though, everyone asks how I can see them go, but after all the clearing up (not much fun when you have to come in at 6am and they all paddle through it in their enthusiasm to run up to you and jump up your dressing gown!) , making the most terrific noise at the same time. They are all teeth and enthusiasm, and after a little weep, it's great to get the house back. They are very cute though, esp when asleep. Weaning is fun, especially with 9. Many lovey cuddles and photo opportunities.
They can have litters of 12 sometimes, glad she didn't though.
Will post pic
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I do hope your mummy doggy is more suited to motherhood than our dear mummy pussy cat, Tiggy, was. I ended up demonstrating how to pick up kittens, after catching her doing it by putting the whole head into her mouth :shock: . Fur with everything for several meals afterwards, I seem to remember...

(Am not going to show your lovely photo to DS2, by the way - nothing personal, but in the blink of an eye, we would find ourselves being assessed for guide dog breeding duties. He has got distressingly skilled at forging my signature :lol: . On the upside, he rarely gets told off at school for not having had his planner signed).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now