Nonqualification/ premature with hypertension Nonsuch appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fauzia888

Nonqualification/ premature with hypertension Nonsuch appeal

Post by Fauzia888 »

Hi I need help I am trying to do non qualification appeal because my daughter was 28 week premature and she is hypertensive that's why she sweat a lot . She is eligible for extra time but at 11+ time we didn't knew that .
I am appealing so my child can get chance to sit an other test ( 12+) for year eight . I am appealing to Nonsuch school . I need help and adivse plz
ToadMum

Re: Nonqualification/ premature with hypertension Nonsuch ap

Post by ToadMum »

Do you have twins? I thought that you said on another thread that you had organised transport from Hounslow to Nonsuch because your DD was starting there in September?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

I think Fauzia has an older daughter already in Nonsuch (unless I misinterpreted one of her earlier posts).
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello Fauzia

Have you submitted an appeal which will be heard later this month? When you appeal you are appealing for a place at the school. It is not possible to appeal to take another test for a different year.

If you are appealing now it is for your daughter to join the school in September. You should provide as much evidence of high ability as you can. Although you can mention your daughter's difficulties and how they may have affected her and should supply medical evidence, the school will expect you to have let them know of any special considerations before your daughter took the test so you may need to explain why this was not done.

If you don't want the place now you would have to make what is called a Mid-Year Application for a place in year 8 - but see the school's website on this:

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/217/mid-term-admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and note that the tests are different for these late admissions.

I suspect that it could be very difficult to get in later on as there may not be a lot of movement to free up places but you may get better advice on this particular aspect by posting in the Surrey section where people will be familiar with the school.
Fauzia888

Post by Fauzia888 »

Thanks Alex
School told me to appeal right now for 12+ , I am really confused what to do . School told me that only independent panel can allow my daughter to sit in mid term exam be she had already took 11+ .
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Usually if you haven't passed at 11+ you can't sit the mid year exam at all and are ineligible to join the school until the 6th Form.Your appeal will be for admission this September surely? Which school told you otherwise?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

whichwitch wrote:Usually if you haven't passed at 11+ you can't sit the mid year exam at all and are ineligible to join the school until the 6th Form.Your appeal will be for admission this September surely? Which school told you otherwise?
Possibly... is the school saying, if the appeal panel accepts that your DD is 'qualified', although they don't think you will win on oversubscription (a bit presumptious, but probably realistic), that would mean that she would be allowed to sit the test for an in-year place, should one come up- ? Does / can it work that way? I didn't think that Nonsuch had a formal 12+, though, just 'as and when' vacancies when girls move elsewhere?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now