SHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tian

SHSB

Post by tian »

Hi everyone
I have a query. In Sept my DS will start the SHSB. When in March I received the info pack, among all the info, it was written that in the term before Easter holidays or this term, we would received a visit at the primary school or if not feasible we supposed to receive a letter and go to the SHSB in order to meet the head of y7 before the induction day. We are nearly at the end of this term but I haven't received anything yet not letter or visit.
Have anyone from ooc received the visit or letter regarding it?
I am just little concerned about it. Should I contact the school next week or no need to worry about it?
Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks
Tian
Guest55

Re: SHSB

Post by Guest55 »

I think 'term' meant the summer term which ends in July.
tian

Post by tian »

Guest55 wrote:I think 'term' meant the summer term which ends in July.
Hi Guest55,
thank you very much for your reply. I keep forgetting that officially there are three terms. In my DS school they keep calling terms also when for example: starts from after christmas until February half term etc.

Thanks again
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

School calendar http://www.shsb.org.uk/calendar/?month= ... =2,4,5,6,7

Thursday 16th June, 09.15 - 10.15 (Music Rehearsal Area): Out of Priority Area year 7 visit.

Induction Friday July 1st; new year 7 parents information evening (this is for parents only unless the school has advised otherwise this year) Monday July 4th (tbc).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

[quote="ToadMum"]School calendar http://www.shsb.org.uk/calendar/?month= ... =2,4,5,6,7

Thursday 16th June, 09.15 - 10.15 (Music Rehearsal Area): Out of Priority Area year 7 visit.

Induction Friday July 1st; new year 7 parents information evening (this is for parents only unless the school has advised otherwise this year) Monday July 4th (tbc).[/quote

Hi Toadmum,
Thank u very much about it. I didn't know anything about the 16th June visit. Am I supposed to receive a letter regarding it? I know about t the 1st July induction day, 2sd Jul sport day for new Y7 and 4th July for parents
I checked the Web few times but i didn't see this date at all.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

To be honest we have found that not everything that shows up on the calendar actually exists in the real world :lol: , but there is usually a session for out of catchment boys (and parents - I'm sure there was some discussion about it on the forum about it last year) and I can't see it anywhere else. Perhaps give the school a ring if you haven't heard anything by Thursday?

Eta - found reference to the session from last year, it seems to have been on June 23rd:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 55#p518155
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

ToadMum wrote:To be honest we have found that not everything that shows up on the calendar actually exists in the real world :lol: , but there is usually a session for out of catchment boys (and parents - I'm sure there was some discussion about it on the forum about it last year) and I can't see it anywhere else. Perhaps give the school a ring if you haven't heard anything by Thursday?

Eta - found reference to the session from last year, it seems to have been on June 23rd:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 55#p518155
I gave just read the link u gave and yes it was on the 23rd June.
I will definetely give a ring if I don't hear from them by Thursday.
Thank u again. U are great.
mags18

Post by mags18 »

We got a email with details about 1st July Induction Day and 2nd July Summer Fete from SHSB
tian

Post by tian »

mags18 wrote:We got a email with details about 1st July Induction Day and 2nd July Summer Fete from SHSB
Hi Mags18
We received an email regarding induction and fete too.
In addition a second email for the q6th June for the out of priority area too.
mags18

Post by mags18 »

Is there a way for combined Train/Bus discounted tickets for children travelling to school?

I was suggested 'Scholars Seasons Ticket' which would cover only train;Based in Benfleet ,so SouthEnd Central seems logical stop and take bus from there.

Otherwise switch trains to reach Prittlewell and perhaps walk from there?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now