CRGS summer school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KB

CRGS summer school

Post by KB »

Not 'selling' this but if anyone has DSs starting in September who would benefit from getting to know the school in advance, the deadline for applications for the summer school has been extended until this Friday ( 10 June).
It runs from 1-5 August & is open to current year 5 or 6 ( boys & girls).
It's a significant cost ( £140 I think) but with reductions available where appropriate.
As I say, not expressing an opinion - just flagging it up for anyone who may be interested .
milada

Re: CRGS summer school

Post by milada »

KB, do you, by any chance, know whether there will be any summer courses for the older students? My DS is in Y8 and last year there were activities for years 7-10. So far I haven't received any information from CRGS about something similar happening this summer. Thank you.
KB

Post by KB »

The only info I have seen is for the younger children. Do you know which member of staff was running the course for the older children last time - you could email them to check? Or email the school office?
milada

Post by milada »

Thank you for the fast reply. I don't remember the name of the staff member. There were two different courses - Y7-8 was first aid and some sport related one for Y9-10. I will ask DS to check with the Office ladies then as he really enjoyed it last year and learned a lot. I also received the info about the younger ones and wondered then why there is nothing for the older pupils but assumed we will get information in due course. Your post reminded me that the school hasn't sent any yet and I am sure last year we booked a place much earlier.
KB

Post by KB »

It could be to do with changes made by the new Head or practical issues caused by building work over the summer. If you have the letter re the course for the younger children you could try emailing who ever sent that one?
DCs have helped with these in the past but I can't remember which staff - sorry.
milada

Post by milada »

Thank you. :)
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I have applied for DS2 but not heard anything yet, so it is interesting that they have extended the closing date. Hope they will get enough numbers to run, it sounds really good.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now