Induction days - when is yours?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thirdtimemum

Induction days - when is yours?

Post by thirdtimemum »

Hi, just being nosey really and wondered when your induction day is and how your child is getting there. My ds is going to a Birmingham school and I believe all of their induction days are the same, 30th June. Ds has got to hand in a handwritten piece of work entitled " all about me" on that day and has been told to take trainers. We are quickly having to give lessons on how to use a bus as he will have to get himself there on the day! All very scary stuff!!
I think Walsall and sandwell have different induction dates which means my ds with be sat in a very very small class on the day his peers go on their induction day.
Turtlegirl

Re: Induction days - when is yours?

Post by Turtlegirl »

My son is going to Camp Hill Boys, induction day also 30th June. No essay to do, unless I've missed it! Also at a Sandwell school, so will be out of sync with most of his classmates too.

Where is your son going Firsttimemum?
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Turtlegirl wrote:My son is going to Camp Hill Boys, induction day also 30th June. No essay to do, unless I've missed it! Also at a Sandwell school, so will be out of sync with most of his classmates too.

Where is your son going Firsttimemum?
My ds is off to bishop vesey so no need to panic! I think we are the only ones with homework, ds also has 2 book reviews to do before September. Do you know when the sandwell schools have their induction day? We are at a sandwell school too
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Turtlegirl wrote: No essay to do, unless I've missed it!
No, you have missed nothing, Turtlegirl. :wink:
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

There was a mention of summer school which is one day in August and costs £25. Does anyone know what exactly it is and if it is worth sending dd? Just had a letter with induction day info come through and summer school booking form was there too?
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

DD is going to FW and induction is 30th June.

During the summer before DS started at FW he had to complete the 'Five Ways Challenge' a number of different things had to be done and then documented in a folder. If newbies still do this, I'm guessing they'll be given all the info at the induction.

DD is at a Solihull school, so when her classmates have their induction in July, there will be 8 of them left at school (although 4 of the 8 are off to a different school in Solihull from the majority so if theirs is also July, that will leave 4 of them for the day)

30th June is also DD confirmation. Induction day finishes by 4.15, quickly home, have tea and be back at school/church for 6.10pm!

Why does everything always happen at the same time? :?