tutors, tuition centres that have a high success rate???

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lily2006

tutors, tuition centres that have a high success rate???

Post by Lily2006 »

I am new to all of this just moved here and wondering if anyone could help me and recommend who to turn to to help make my child sit the grammer exams this year. He is very bright and doing well at his current school. He however one of the youngest in his school year (born late August) if he were born a few days later he would still have a whole years of preparation. However I don't think he is that far behind...I hope, so can anyone suggest an amazing tutor or tuition centre who could assess him and let me know how realistic it will be for him to get a shot at these exams?

Any help will be appreciated. Hoping that the rest of June, July and August will give him a chance to just make it perhaps. Do you think that's possible?
Turtlegirl

Re: tutors, tuition centres that have a high success rate???

Post by Turtlegirl »

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations (other than school/PTA and non-commercial organisations) to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' negative posts, seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members - check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) - who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
cazien

Post by cazien »

Rather than spend time/money on a tutor - home tutor. There are plenty of books available which cover all aspects of the 11+. Ensure you check which test your DS will be taking (CEM or GL). A tutor has a fixed time session whereas home tuition can be completed anytime to suit family commitments.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Can you tells us what area you are in and/or what schools you are looking at? I can move this thread to the right area of the forum for you and other posters will be able to give you better advice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now