Which school to decide??In Dillema pls help??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

deepti

Which school to decide??In Dillema pls help??

Post by deepti »

Hi all,

With all your support and suggestions,my daughter managed to pass Kent test with late application last week.

She got 367 score and now I am dilemma which school to decide.

Maidstone Grammar school for girls

or

Weald of Kent??

As I am still searching for job in and around ( London) I cant decide where to accept the place??

How long can I hold a place in both schools??

Pls suggest me asap

Thanks alot
deepti

Re: Which school to decide??In Dillema pls help??

Post by deepti »

please also let me know which school is best between these??

pros and cons
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which one did you prefer when you visited?

Which one 'felt' right?
deepti

Post by deepti »

Thank you.

We relocated to UK recently and staying in Southampton now.

I didnt visit Weald of Kent at all.

My daughter wrote the exam at MGGS and got selected but didnt get a chance to look inside the school on the day of
the exam.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It is very difficult for anyone to decide for you as they don't know your DD. I would suggest you visit as soon as possible. It's a big decision that strangers on the internet cannot make for you. What are your daughter's interests/needs/likes/dislikes?
scary mum
deepti

Post by deepti »

Thank you scarymum.

I understand.Which is best academically ??Good scores ??
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

As you live in Southampton and your DD has just passed the Kent Test are you sure that your DD has a place at both of these schools? I think that there is a waiting list at the moment at Weald of Kent and children will be ranked by distance. Is it not a case of you having to now apply to both of these schools and if they are oversubscribed going on the waiting list?

If you really do have a choice between both of these schools you really need to look at what the schools offer in terms of subjects at GCSE and in the Sixth form, extra curricular activities etc etc. As others say you should visit. Also consider whether the commute from where you intend to live is viable.
deepti

Post by deepti »

Thank you twinkle.

No No you got me wrong.
We are relocating to Kent very soon after she finishes her 6th grade here next month.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I too gather there is a waiting list at Weald of Kent, I don't know much about Maidstone Grammar. I would be surprised if you can hold several firm places unless those places are on the waiting list for each school. Just passing the Kent test doesn't then mean you automatically get offered a place, you then have to fulfill other criteria like living within catchment, so if you are currently in Southampton you will not qualify for Weald of Kent over those who are on the waiting list unless your DD falls into a higher category like special needs. I think the towns around Weald of Kent give more family lifestyle options and a good commute into London. I couldn't comment on the various merits of the schools as this is down to the likes and dislikes of your daughter.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

deepti wrote:Thank you twinkle.

No No you got me wrong.
We are relocating to Kent very soon after she finishes her 6th grade here next month.
Good. But the two schools are in very different places - Maidstone and Tonbridge. Where you are going to live in Kent will be key to whether the commute to either school is viable / sensible.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now