Sutton Mock B Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wimbles

Sutton Mock B Test

Post by Wimbles »

My son sat the B test on Saturday and we had his result today.
I'm really impressed at how efficiently it was all organised and marked.

I notice there was a lot of discussion following the A test here. I'm trying to find out how the B test compared to the A test. What is an ok mark for the B test. The feedback suggests 216 which seems quite low.

DS found the English very easy and the Maths tougher as it was only a 35 min paper with lots of questions packed in.

Was or is there a way of finding rankings for the test?

Any who are these geniuses who get a mark over 240?! :shock:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
htm123

Re: Sutton Mock B Test

Post by htm123 »

According to the SGSPTA Mock Tests B commentary found on their website "... the percentage mark needed to be in the selective band is about 68½ % for this English paper and 69% for this maths paper".
I think the commentary provided for 11+ Mock A and B Tests are quite detailed and you can actually find the rankings if you open the Pdf or Excel pages.
You might think that 216 score is low but you must remember that this is only a Mock test and most children will experience being in an exam situation of these scale for the first time; therefore, 100% score is very rare.
When my DC1 took the real exam, the Maths paper had 18 questions to be answered in 35 minutes and I remember my DC saying that not many people had the chance to finish the Maths paper. In contrast the English papers were split in two tasks: 20 minutes of mixed SPaG & comprehension & 30 minutes of essay writing task.

Good luck!
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Wimbles wrote:Was or is there a way of finding rankings for the test?
The results are available in an Excel file and that can be easily sorted/analysed by gender and score, thus providing ranking order for every child.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Thanks both.

I've just managed to sort the results!

The Maths paper had 29 questions this time in 35 minutes, but DS said they were split into smaller questions a,b,c etc.

I think the format was different to usual, so that may have phased him slightly.

We definitely need to work on timing, he has a tendency to make silly mistakes, which didn't have time to check.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now