CRGS Induction Day 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

piprush

CRGS Induction Day 2016

Post by piprush »

HELP!
I have mislaid the information on what time the induction day is tomorrow - what time do the boys have to be there?
Many Thanks
PIp
Minesatea

Re: CRGS Induction Day 2016

Post by Minesatea »

9:30 - 3:00.

I cant find much info either. I seem to remember they said no uniform and bring pen/pencil. Can you remember anything else?
Two-at-once

Post by Two-at-once »

I felt quite emotional watching him walk through the gate this morning! I wonder how many things he'll lose today. I decided not to give him a packed lunch so he would learn how to use the canteen at the same time as some of the other new boys.

I forgot to remind him he'll be having his mouthguard mould taken today - that'll be a nice surprise! Now I've just got to hope he remembers where the bus stop is to get home again!
KB

Post by KB »

Don't worry, the school has plenty of experience in such matters and the prefects will make sure they all know where they are going at the end of the day.

It may have changed but they used to let newbies use the canteen before the rest of the school for the first couple of weeks in September.

The biggest issue is usually getting to and from the games field but staff accompany them the first few times. Just remind your DS to stop and cross roads properly. Too many of them are chatting and just carry on walking....
KB

Post by KB »

How did induction day go?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

DS2 enjoyed himself, he is reluctant to go back to primary school this morning. He spent last night naming the elements of his tea in french and giving me a lecture on food chains.
We sent his big brother to collect him - one leaving as the other starts which is very strange!
Two-at-once

Post by Two-at-once »

DS had a great time and didn't stop talking about it. The map they gave them really helped and he was able to point out all the areas he visited so he now feels confident about finding his form group on the first day.

I forgot to explain to him that I would be paying for his lunch via Parent Pay at a later date so that was why he didn't need any money. He said he was most impressed his lunch was free so managed to eat what sounded like a three course lunch!! :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Glad they enjoyed themselves.
We had a big gap between first and last as well. Its maybe easier for the last than being a couple of years behind the first. Hopefully he won't keep getting called by his big brother's name!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Hopefully he won't keep getting called by his big brother's name!
Happened the whole time at primary school, cubs, karate etc. so not holding my breath there, unfortunately for DS2 they do look similar.
(Admittedly mums bad habit of not renaming uniform on the theory if it has the right surname it will eventually find its way home, probably doesn't help) :oops:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Minesatea wrote:
Hopefully he won't keep getting called by his big brother's name!
Happened the whole time at primary school, cubs, karate etc. so not holding my breath there, unfortunately for DS2 they do look similar.
(Admittedly mums bad habit of not renaming uniform on the theory if it has the right surname it will eventually find its way home, probably doesn't help) :oops:
Friends of ours only ever put their surname in their children's things. I used to think that was awful...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now