tween concerts in summer

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wildwest

tween concerts in summer

Post by wildwest »

Summer holidays upon us (Can't wait!)

my DD loves music and we were thinking of giving her a surprise gift in the form of 'tickets for a concert'.
This would be her first and was wondering if anyone knows of upcoming ones or where to look for them etc?

Any info gratefully received.
scary mum

Re: tween concerts in summer

Post by scary mum »

What type of music does she like?
scary mum
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Hi Scary mum
she enjoys the usual pops, taylor swift, Christina perry sort of songs! She learns classical vocal. not really into rock
Amber

Post by Amber »

wildwest wrote:she enjoys the usual pops, taylor swift, Christina perry sort of songs!
Ouch. Preferably one she can go to without you then. Taylor Swift on the radio empties a room here before I can get to the 'off' button. I gather she is popular with young girls though.

Are there any kind of outdoor ones near you - I think there are some where you can take a picnic and stuff? Capital radio does one I think - Summertime Ball is it?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Keep up, Amber, the summertime ball has been and gone :lol:
I'm sure there are other similar things though? The trouble is, in the summer it's mostly festivals or sold out by now. We have a mini festival near us soon called Pennfest (I think). There may be similar things near you?
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:Keep up, Amber, the summertime ball has been and gone :lol:
OK OK, I have never made a secret of my aversion to popular culture. I am still mired in Genesis and Dire Straits. Though (get this) I am going to see Tom Odell later this year 8) (Sorry Tom, I can see that isn't what you needed to boost ticket sales).

DS1 went to a festival this weekend. I am not sure it is necessarily the place for a young girl having her first experience of live music. :shock: :shock:
KB

Post by KB »

Indeed, but there are local 'festival' events in many areas which are smaller and safer. Sometimes a day or a weekend. Not necessarily 'big names' but somewhere you could take DD & some friends and amuse youself at the food, wine & craft stalls for a few hours.
This time of year there are also evening popular classics / fireworks type events.
Google in your locality?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Amber wrote:
scary mum wrote:Keep up, Amber, the summertime ball has been and gone :lol:
I am still mired in Genesis and Dire Straits. :
Now you are speaking my language.

DS1 is off to his first festival this summer - Reading :shock: I'm trying to ignore the fact this is happening.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

doodles wrote:
DS1 is off to his first festival this summer - Reading :shock: I'm trying to ignore the fact this is happening.
Although DD is into her music she doesn't do loud music and crowds very well, so doubt she will go to Reading festival. On the plus side if she did she could at least come home every night and sleep in a proper bed and get a shower.

We call festival goers 'the great unwashed' locally.
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:DS1 is off to his first festival this summer - Reading :shock: I'm trying to ignore the fact this is happening.
For some reason they seemed to need to buy a lot of bread to take with them. I am hiding my head in the sand in case there are some magic mushrooms or something which you have to have with bread. DS said it was just because they would get hungry - can I believe that?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now